You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Invalid Protocol Revision Error

Darren Weingard

Darren Weingard
Posted
Posted

First, I did search for this topic.  Found two strings where other users had the problem but both times it ended up with a person saying I have no idea why you are getting this error.

1.  Running Windows 10, and the most recent stable release of vpilot

2. Have a valid vatsim account and vpilot is connected to the sim

3. I have run both the sim and vpilot in administrator mode

4. every time I try to hit the connect button (just trying to connect as an observer to listen for a while and learn stuff), I get this error, Invalid Protocol Revision, error connecting to voice server, connect failed and then disconnect from server.

I was so looking forward to the next state of my flight sim career, can anyone help? Thanks.

Desktop Screenshot 2020.12.12 - 19.16.44.97.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Does this happen on all servers?

Does this happen if you connect in regular (not observer) mode?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Darren Weingard
Posted
Posted

Hi. Thanks for responding. Yes, it happened on all servers. I tried uninstalling vpilot and the. Downloaded it again. 

Made sure I wasn’t in MSFS when I installed it but made sure it was already running when I did the initial configuration in vpilot. It worked. 

I connected twice last night but never heard any sound. So now I have to troubleshoot that. It sure doesn’t seem easy to get on Vatsim and they make the whole thing pretty intimidating too. I hope I get to find out if it’s worth it. 

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

I'm sure you're frustrated, but, I think it's important to keep in mind that not everyone encounters these errors. 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png