You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

A Thank You From the Division!

EJ Davis

EJ Davis
Posted
Posted

VATCAR Members,

We are approaching the end to the final quarter of 2020! At this time, I wanted to take a moment to thank every single one of you for your contributions to our division and each of the FIRs. I have seen a sharp increase in the number of applications across the board during the past several months. Why has this happened? Let me share a few highlights from the past 6 months:

• Completely refreshed FIR and Division pages
  • New divisional and FIR branding
  • New training portal (some elements still WIP)
  • Reactivated FIRs with new leadership – Port-Au-Prince/Santo Domingo (MidCarib) & Curacao
  • Larger focus on events and partnering with our FIRs in the division
  • Refreshed Hit Squad support for FIRs
  • Larger focus on being one division – not 7 FIRs
  • Refreshed Divisional training support offered to FIRs

How have the FIRs responded? They have increased their number of mentors, training exercises, and trainer availabilities. This has allowed visitors and home controllers easier transitions to being certified. Certainly, training controllers is one of the most important duties of a division and the FIRs.

For this reason, I thank and commend all the FIR staff members and division staff members who have supported making training in VATCAR a better process. I am very proud of you.

Pilots and general controllers (visiting and home) – Thank you for your increased support. VATCAR is developed to support you folks, who are the heart and soul of VATSIM. We hope we have made your experiences enjoyable. Each and every time you fly or control in the Caribbean it draws a smile on my face when I see it over VATSpy.

unknown.png?width=777&height=437

In short – thank you to my divisional team, FIR teams, our controllers, and our pilots. I am thrilled to be with you on this journey.

Here’s to an even brighter 2021!

• Like 6

Regards,

EJ DAVIS
Division Director
## [email protected]
Facebook WWWvisit VATCAR.net
VATSIM Logo