You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

2.6.10 from Dec 6 installed but not working

Robert Vanderkam

Robert Vanderkam
Posted
Posted

Hi, first time user (since 2012-ish). It has opened, but I get errors when I try to connect to VATSIM. But then I try to restart it and it won't open at all. I have reinstalled it (did I uninstall it correctly) and restarted my laptop (dell g7) but the same cycle happens. Any ideas?

Rob Vanderkam

Canadian Virtual Airlines (CVA) - in operation since 1997

955.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Robert Vanderkam said:

I get errors

What would those errors be?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Robert Vanderkam
Posted
Posted

I was asking about not being able to restart vPilot, in the situation where I got an Unhandled Exception error (attached) and decided to try to restart it. Is there some reason it will not start a second time from the desktop? It just doesn't appear, error or not.

Note: never mind this.

1) Today it's restarting.

2) I choose ignore from the Unhandled Exception error message and nothing seems wrong. So I have no idea what happened yesterday but it seems to be working today.

If you have any info on the Unhandled Exception error, I'd appreciate hearing about it. If not, I'll just continue to play around and will post again if something new comes up. Thanks.

Rob 879889

Dell G7 i7-8750H 16GB RAM 500GB NVME GTX1060 Q

vpilot error.jpg

Rob Vanderkam

955.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

That exception is an issue with the AFV voice code. There are lots of threads about it in the AFV support forum. There might be a solution there.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Robert Vanderkam
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks. Now vPilot does not start at all again. I've started my sim so I don't want to have to shut down the computer just to get it to work.

Edit after completed FS flight offline: I got vPilot started by killing the process in the Task Mgr. Thanks

Edited by Robert Vanderkam

Rob Vanderkam

955.png