You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Transpoder doesn't work sending the status (mode C) - Flight Simulator

Rafael Santos

Rafael Santos
Posted
Posted (edited)

Flying with the new Pipistrel Virus with Vpilot the transpoder doesn't work sending the status (mode C).
The squawk code is sent correctly but the status not. Only StandBy alltime. Mode C is inoperative (ON & ALT modes don't work)

If I check auto Mode C with takeoff without problem but If I want do it manually I can't do it except using GUI Vpilot button. The correct would be from transponder into the cockpit.

Any workaround ?

Future patch ?

Regards!!!

Edited by Rafael Santos

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

Right now MSFS does not have the correct functionality built in to set transponder status in aircraft. That is on Asobo to fix.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

Teemu Pienimaki 828685
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 12/15/2020 at 6:35 AM, Matthew Bartels said:

Right now MSFS does not have the correct functionality built in to set transponder status in aircraft. That is on Asobo to fix.

Not true. IVAO's Altitude for MSFS2020 pilot client does have fully working transponder (SBY and MODE C) between pilot client and MSFS planes cockpit's transponder buttons. Funny though VATSIM is the "official" partner with MSFS, but IVAO made better working pilot client.

Edited by Teemu Pienimaki 828685

Jan Kleineher
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 12/22/2020 at 4:46 PM, Teemu Pienimaki 828685 said:

Not true. IVAO's Altitude for MSFS2020 pilot client does have fully working transponder (SBY and MODE C) between pilot client and MSFS planes cockpit's transponder buttons. Funny though VATSIM is the "official" partner with MSFS, but IVAO made better working pilot client.

Can confirm that. I tried it myself and client was changing the mode when it was changed in the cockpit with the default Cessna 172 non G1000.

Edited by Jan Kleineher

Cheers Jan

958528.png

• 2 weeks later...
Teemu Pienimaki 828685
Posted
Posted

Meanwhile, for vPilot it would be nice option to add "transponder toggle" (between SBY and MODE C) to a keyboard key (or a joystick button) just like it's possible with PTT. So please devs, add this feature for the next release! Would make the experience much better with FS2020.

Jan Kleineher
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, Teemu Pienimaki 828685 said:

Meanwhile, for vPilot it would be nice option to add "transponder toggle" (between SBY and MODE C) to a keyboard key (or a joystick button) just like it's possible with PTT. So please devs, add this feature for the next release! Would make the experience much better with FS2020.

You can do that already with FSUIPC.

Cheers Jan

958528.png

Teemu Pienimaki 828685
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jan Kleineher said:

You can do that already with FSUIPC.

Very well, but for those of us not using/having problems with FSUIPC would be cool to have this option build-in to vPilot.

• 4 weeks later...
Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I heard back from Asobo today, they are going to add a SimConnect variable for ident, so hopefully after the next MSFS update, I'll be able to add ident button support to vPilot.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Jan Kleineher
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the good news!

Cheers Jan

958528.png

• 3 weeks later...
Robert Cohen
Posted
Posted
On 1/27/2021 at 9:39 AM, Ross Carlson said:

I heard back from Asobo today, they are going to add a SimConnect variable for ident, so hopefully after the next MSFS update, I'll be able to add ident button support to vPilot.

Did this actually happen?