You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Flight plan filed before connecting, or after?!

Robert Vanderkam

Robert Vanderkam
Posted
Posted

I'm just trying to get vPilot set up for FS2020 and I'm having trouble getting connected. It says it needs a flight plan "loaded" before it will connect me to the sim, but I read that I cannot load a flight plan until I'm connected. I seem to be stuck.

vpilot.jpg

Rob Vanderkam

Canadian Virtual Airlines (CVA) - in operation since 1997

955.png

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

I think you may be confusing flight plan with flight. Make sure that the simulator is fully loaded and you are at the gate before you connect. Not at any of the menus.

• Like 1

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

Paul Moxhay
Posted
Posted

It says you have to have a "flight" loaded... that is a little misleading as you don't really "load" a flight into the flight sim. What it means is that you have started the flight and are at the gate.

Just a small reminder... once you have connected, don't forget to take a peek outside the aircraft to make sure you haven't spawned on top of another aircraft already at the gate. If you have, just disconnect and move to another gate either by slew or relocate via the sim menu to start a new flight.

Hope that helps 🙂 

• Like 1

Robert Vanderkam
Posted
Posted

Thanks both of you. And yes, I'm an old hand at VATSIM from FSX days but not since 2012 or so and using squawkbox I think. Cheers

Rob Vanderkam

Canadian Virtual Airlines (CVA) - in operation since 1997

955.png