You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Loss of ATIS while connected to x-pilot

Michael Raymond

Michael Raymond
Posted
Posted

Don't know if this is new or just need to re-install something.  While flying connected to the x-pilot network I don't seem to be able to get ATIS.  I've double-checked the frequency and have waited to get close enough to the appropriate airport.  I disconnect from x-pilot and then it comes right through.  Maybe it's a setting i've inadvertently changed?  Any ideas or guidance appreciated.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted (edited)

If you mean the default in-game ATC ATIS, that is intentional.  xPilot stifles the in-game ATIS so that it doesn't step on the ATIS provided by the actual VATSIM controllers where you are flying.

It also happens from time to time where an ATIS in one part of an ARTCC conflicts with the Center frequency VATSIM uses for that ARTCC -- because in the real world, that sector is from somewhere else in the facility, but on VATSIM that frequency covers the WHOLE facility.  Example: the ATIS frequency of Grand Canyon Airport (KCGN) is 124.3.  In the real world, that's fine, because the sector of Los Angeles Center which uses 124.3 is all the way down in southern Cali.  But on VATSIM, ZLA quite often uses 124.3 to cover ALL of the ARTCC, including the area near KGCN.  The in-game ATIS thus renders VATSIM completely unusable in that area.

Edited by Robert Shearman Jr
typo

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

• 3 weeks later...
Wieslaw Drozdzowski
Posted
Posted

I have a problem at the airport after the period with watsim by xpilot, I have two-way activities with controllers, but I cannot hear ATIS. Please help with some settings.