You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ES v3.2.a(r25) Departure List Sequencing

• euroscope
  • r25
  • departure list
  • flag

Florian Hofer

Florian Hofer
Posted
Posted

Hello Everyone

Since I use r25 there is the possibility to use the Start-Up flag "ST-UP" in the departure list. (Same place as "PUSH", "TAXI" and "DEPA") My problem with it is that it is sorting aircraft, receiving the Start-up flag, to a higher priority than aircraft already pushing.

Is that intended or just something which has to be resolved?

Because when we use it also as coordination between DEL and GND stations, it messes up the sequence in the list.

E.g. if DEL cleares the aircraft he sets the clearance flag. Once the pilot then calls for push,  DEL set's the Start-up flag in order to visualise to the Apron/GND controller that the aircraft has reported ready.

This allows to hand over aircraft by "monitor Apron/GND on xxx.yyy" with a clear sequenced indication to Apron/ground which aircraft is ready and which not. (Without needing to set something in text. --> Text does not sort automatically, but the flag does, which helps.)

ES Flag Seq.PNG

spacer.png

Nick Marinov
Posted
Posted

Hi Florian,

From what I can remember (someone may proove me wrong), the order of those is determined by the order in which they recieve the first status update. So that would mean that in this case DLH is #2 because he was se to ST-UP before the SAS was set to PUSH.

NICK MARINOV
Assistant to the Vice President
Europe, Middle East and Africa
Supervisor Team Leader

## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

You are correct Nick, however if you give SAS464 the TAXI status, before you update the DLH105 - he should become #2.

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

Florian Hofer
Posted
Posted

It is correct that the order is determined by the sequence you assign the flags (e.g. Push at t1 becomes #1 and the next becomes #2), but if you look at my picture, the St-UP flag was set later than the PUSH flag and it jumped into the sequence before the PUSH, because it seems to have a higher priority.

It is a pretty annoying thing if you have 30 a/c on the ground and the sequence continuous to jump like that.

spacer.png