You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot CID/Password incorrect

Colton Stringer

Colton Stringer
Posted
Posted

Hello, I'm new to vPilot and vatsim, I download vPilot, start it up, config everything correctly and type everything in manually, then try to connect while in game and it says my CID/Password is incorrect, I've tried reinstalling vPilot and resetting my password, the problem I believe I'm facing is the config.xml in the local appdata spot isn't setting, I edit it after setting my password and it's just random characters I ovbiously didn't type in, I then change it and save it and still get the same error of incorrect CID/Password, can I have some help on htis?

Nick Marinov
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Colton Stringer said:

Hello, I'm new to vPilot and vatsim, I download vPilot, start it up, config everything correctly and type everything in manually, then try to connect while in game and it says my CID/Password is incorrect, I've tried reinstalling vPilot and resetting my password, the problem I believe I'm facing is the config.xml in the local appdata spot isn't setting, I edit it after setting my password and it's just random characters I ovbiously didn't type in, I then change it and save it and still get the same error of incorrect CID/Password, can I have some help on htis?

Hi Colton, welcome to VATSIM! To me it looks like you havent completed the P0 exam yet. This is a short introductory exam to VATSIM which gives you the P0 rating. Without it, you will not be able to connect to the network either as a pilot and/or observer. You can find the course and the exam at https://my.vatsim.net/

NICK MARINOV
Assistant to the Vice President
Europe, Middle East and Africa
Supervisor Team Leader

## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Colton Stringer said:

it's just random characters

They are not random. It's called encryption. :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Colton Stringer
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Nick Marinov said:

Hi Colton, welcome to VATSIM! To me it looks like you havent completed the P0 exam yet. This is a short introductory exam to VATSIM which gives you the P0 rating. Without it, you will not be able to connect to the network either as a pilot and/or observer. You can find the course and the exam at https://my.vatsim.net/

The 'New Member Orientation Test'?

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Colton Stringer said:

The 'New Member Orientation Test'?

Correct

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

Filip Pehrsson
Posted
Posted

I have the same error but my account was made 2017 and I shouldnt need to do it? What else can cause this message?

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

You likely need to reactivate it. https://my.vatsim.net/reactivate If that doesn’t work, then you will need to request a new password https://my.vatsim.net/reset

Filip Pehrsson
Posted
Posted

It said my account is active, and tried with a new password. Lets see if it works tomorrow. It said something about 24 hrs when changeing. 

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Hi Filip, not sure why you were having issues.  Your account was active.  You did change your password twice today; please use care to use the second, most recent, one you got today.  Although it can take up to 24 hours, in most cases it's much shorter.  As a matter of fact, it is quite likely that your new credentials have already been synchronized with all of the servers already.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Colton Stringer
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Don Desfosse said:

Hi Filip, not sure why you were having issues.  Your account was active.  You did change your password twice today; please use care to use the second, most recent, one you got today.  Although it can take up to 24 hours, in most cases it's much shorter.  As a matter of fact, it is quite likely that your new credentials have already been synchronized with all of the servers already.

Hello, I finished my starting exam maybe 10 minutes ago, reseted my password and tried logging in and got nothing. 

Colton Stringer
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Matthew Bartels said:

Correct

Hello, I finished my starting exam maybe 10 minutes ago, reseted my password and tried logging in and got nothing. 

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

Need to give it up to 24 hours to process through the system.

Filip Pehrsson
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Don Desfosse said:

Now I can login! Probably just needed some time. Thanks for your response. 

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Filip - Excellent!

Colton - We broadcast multiple times, in big bold boxes, with different colored backgrounds, that it can take up to 24 hours, though usually much less, for your new credentials to be passed to all servers.  

This information is clearly displayed to everyone:

1. At the time of registration

2. During the new member orientation

3. In the new member orientation exam

4. After you pass the new member orientation exam

Perhaps you somehow missed all of those notifications!  😉😉😉

Each of the 4 times you reset your password, each time on the password change screen that had a big bold box, with a different colored background, advising you that it can take up to 24 hours, though usually much less, for your new credentials to be passed to all servers, you caused the clock to reset on yourself....   

Please be patient (and read) young padawan!  😉

I'll now be making yet another donation to my favorite literacy/reading charity.

RIF-logo-resized.gif

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations