You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ATIS help

Jake Morley

Jake Morley
Posted
Posted

I logged onto vatsim for my first time today, using the Aerosoft a319. When i tuned into the Manchester atis frequency, i heard no voice but instead a green tape came up on my screen giving me the information. This was incorrect as people calling for their clearances on Machester ground were stating different information to what was coming up for me... can anyone help?

Dustin Rider
Posted
Posted

The green tape on the top of the screen is the simulator's built-in ATC system at work. I'm still an FSX user, and the green tape shows up for every controlled field I go into or out of, but I just ignore it and either listen to the voice ATIS, or grab a text ATIS from vPilot--assuming there's a live ATIS available for the airport, of course.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Many people go into their simulator options and disable the in-game, AI ATC to eliminate distracting or conflicting info.

It may also have originated from ActiveSky, if you have that running as a weather add-on, as it also generates in-game ATIS and AWOS transmissions.  Again, there are options to disable those so they don't distract or conflict with the ones coming from VATSIM.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png