You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Any recommendations for an absolute new SimPilot on how to get started with VATSIM?

jessica smith

jessica smith
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I’ve done my research prior to asking this question, I know there is a website full of instructions from VATSIM, but I’d just like to know if there is a YouTube video/channel for absolute brand new pilots from install to connect? The only videos that come up when I search are from a guy called ‘AviationPro’ but I have a solid rule that I won’t watch any YouTube videos that have that stupid ‘shocked face’ , ‘hand on chin’ YouTube bullshit thumbnails.

Any links for how to get started?

Joshua Jenkins
Posted
Posted

Those AviationPro videos are actually really good. Especially for newbies, so I encourage you to give them a shot. As the saying goes, don’t judge a book by its cover... or in this case, a video by its thumbnail 😜

Cheers!

Josh Jenkins

CZVR I1 controller

marcus holmes
Posted
Posted

Jessica here is a link that might help you  - https://www.vatsim.net/pilots/getting-started

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have a few tutorials published as well, without the thumbnail like you described.  Not as fully comprehensive as initial-download-to-VATSIM-pro like you suggested, but, hopefully helpful. 

And yeah, I agree -- AviationPro's tutorials are decent, even if his thumbnails are a bit (endearingly) cheesy.  🙂

EDIT: can't figure out how to make the YouTube link send you to the playlist rather than a specific video, so, here's my beginning ATC comms one.  Check the playlist "tutorials" for some others.

Edited by Robert Shearman Jr

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png