You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

CSL used by vPilot

• vpilot
  • csl

Alberto Sinigaglia

Alberto Sinigaglia
Posted
Posted

Good afternoon everyone,

I managed to get our CSL livery up and running for XP11 with the Bluebell packages (only available for XSquawkBox, xPilot, swift, and X-IvAp). I would like to bring the chance to the ones using vPilot to fly with our livery and callsign on the network as well!

I do not use vPilot so I'm not actually confident with what CSL package they work with. Could anyone give me some ideas on how could I get the livery (CSL) for the PMDG 737 (P3D and FSX) to shown online on vatsim via vPilot? If I can get a contact of the CSL package used by vPilot I can forward our CSL livery file to him to add it to the list!

TIA,

Merry Christmas!

Koen Meier
Posted
Posted

FLAI is your bet friend for modelmatching with Vpilot.

• Like 1

Alberto Sinigaglia
Posted
Posted

Thank you very much! That would solve it! I've tried already to contact them on their FB Support page!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Alberto Sinigaglia said:

Could anyone give me some ideas on how could I get the livery (CSL) for the PMDG 737 (P3D and FSX) to shown online on vatsim via vPilot?

I'm a bit confused by your question, because CSL stands for "Common Shape Library". It refers to a set of models intended to be used for AI traffic, or multiplayer traffic. PMDG is an add-on aircraft that comes with its own models, so the CSL has nothing to do with PMDG.

I think what you're asking is how can other users of the PMDG aircraft see their own aircraft in your airline's livery. Is that right? If so, then those users just need to install your livery in the PMDG aircraft.cfg file. This has nothing to do with which client they're using.

If instead what you're looking for is for users of vPilot to be able to see your airline's livery when they are flying with you or other members of your airline, then they need to install a model set that includes your livery. As Koen said, FLAi is the most popular model set for P3D and FSX currently. You could contact them about adding your liveries to their models, but you would first have to modify your livery textures to work with their models. You can't just take a PMDG livery and use it with a different model, such as one of the FLAi models.

Also, your post does not mention your airline name ... might be a good idea to mention that.

• Like 1

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC