You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Ident button

NEIL MARTIN

NEIL MARTIN
Posted
Posted

Hi I understand that Vpilot does take modes and ident from MSFS,  

However could the vpilot app allow a button to be assigned for transponder info, I dent preferable.  

I can assign a button for the PTT but would be great to assign a button to trigger the Ident without having to go to the vpilot app.

Thanks Neil 

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

In most cases that can be assigned in the simulator; there’s no reason for this to be assignable in vPilot, no?

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

NEIL MARTIN
Posted
Posted

It was my understanding that MSFS did not interact with the ident button and it being pressed doesn't communicate the fact with vpilot.

If you saying it does then I stand corrected and will allocate it to a button on my joystick or keyboard right away.

Thank You, Neil

NEIL MARTIN
Posted
Posted

I have gone back to MSFS and there is nowhere I can find the opportunity to allocate a button to Ident.

I felt a little option to assign a button to ident, like the PTT option in vpilot has would be alot easier for the pilots, and make it a little more realistic.

Its a shame no one is able to do it.

Thank You,

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Right now, from what I've read, it is a limitation of MSFS2020 that it does not send the transponder mode up thru SimConnect and thus it cannot be read by vPilot.  I'm sure that our developers are in contact with their developers to try to rectify this in an upcoming update -- but for now, it's an unfortunate oversight we have to deal with, by changing modes within vPilot in addition to (or instead of) within the sim.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

NEIL MARTIN
Posted
Posted

Yes I agree,

Was just hoping the vpilot could have the option like it does PTT.

Therefore the limitation of msfs doesn't matter its just a message between the keyboard and vpilot.

It been accepted that me pushing the in game push to talk button on the yoke its possible to talk on vatsim, so its been resolved by having a button allocated within vpilot

I just thought the same could be done for ident.

Now I know its not possible to assign a button on the keyboard to do it direct without even involving  MSFS then thats thats.

Thanks All.

Robert Vanderkam
Posted
Posted

You can still, of course, use the on-screen panel buttons to press Ident.

Rob Vanderkam

Canadian Virtual Airlines (CVA) - in operation since 1997

955.png

NEIL MARTIN
Posted
Posted

Yer, That's what I use now just trying to raise the possibility of setting up a keyboard button to press rather than using the vpilot panel.  As we do for PTT.

Teemu Pienimaki 828685
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 1/1/2021 at 12:53 PM, Robert Shearman Jr said:

Right now, from what I've read, it is a limitation of MSFS2020 that it does not send the transponder mode up thru SimConnect and thus it cannot be read by vPilot.

I don't know what's the real problem because IVAO's pilot client Altitude does read the XPDR state (SBY / MODE C) from FS2020 just fine. For vPilot it would be nice option to add "transponder toggle" (between SBY and MODE C) to a keyboard key (or a joystick button) just like it's possible with PTT. So please devs, add this feature for the next release!

Edited by Teemu Pienimaki 828685

• 7 months later...
Les OReilly
Posted
Posted

I think there are two different things being asked here.....

1 was the State of the MODE C transponder (which as far as I can tell has been working for some time in MSFS....  I use it all the time.  Even the CRJ now updates it ) There is a simconnect Variable for Transponder state for both the 1 and 2 transponders.  vPilot Mode C seems to follow that for me just fine.

The Issue regarding the OP Topic is about an IDENT Button...  Like PTT which is configured in the vPilot Client just like the PTT button is configured.  I concur that this would be an excellent feature and I would also request that it please be implemented...

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I discussed with the Asobo devs about making an ident event available via SimConnect, and they added it in a recent update. So now it's up to me to add support for that in vPilot. Right now I'm focusing my (highly limited) VATSIM dev time on consolidating my radar clients, but I will try to find some time to do a minor vPilot update which will include support for ident.

• Thanks 1

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Les OReilly
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Ross Carlson said:

I discussed with the Asobo devs about making an ident event available via SimConnect, and they added it in a recent update. So now it's up to me to add support for that in vPilot. Right now I'm focusing my (highly limited) VATSIM dev time on consolidating my radar clients, but I will try to find some time to do a minor vPilot update which will include support for ident.

very Cool .. thanks for the reply.

NEIL MARTIN
Posted
Posted

That will be great thanks!!

• 2 months later...
Danny Rice
Posted
Posted

Hope the ident modification happens.  In VR it is difficult to access/interact with the Vpilot app.  Having the ability to assign a controller button to activate IDENT would really help.

Danny

Danny Rice

US Army Ret.

• 2 weeks later...
NEIL MARTIN
Posted
Posted

Im still looking forward to this,  Please add and make our experiance even better?? I have the button waiting on my set up lol.

• 1 month later...
Jan Kleineher
Posted
Posted
On 11/21/2021 at 12:33 AM, NEIL MARTIN said:

Im still looking forward to this,  Please add and make our experiance even better?? I have the button waiting on my set up lol.

+1

Would be nice to get this in the next update.

Cheers Jan

958528.png

• 2 weeks later...
Marco Fortin-Metzgen
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 8/10/2021 at 6:29 PM, Ross Carlson said:

Looking forward to this implementation.  Long time has passed since this post.

Happy New Year!

Edited by Marco Fortin-Metzgen

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It's in the Velocity test build.

• Like 1

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC