You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FLAi is temporarily offline

nathaniel mitchell

nathaniel mitchell
Posted
Posted

has anyone eles noticed this has been down for sometime now, i caint seem to find any update when this will be back to normal so we can have model matching back, as this is very important 

Matt Stroud
Posted
Posted

Yeah noticed that as well, got a new pc thought i had backed up installer but doesn't look like it. Hope it comes online soon again miss flying on the network.

3 hours ago, nathaniel mitchell said:

has anyone eles noticed this has been down for sometime now, i caint seem to find any update when this will be back to normal so we can have model matching back, as this is very important 

nathaniel mitchell
Posted
Posted (edited)

it just seems to be offline, no one has stated  whats going on or when it will be back,  with it being offline now for some time i would of thought they would of made some sort of effort explaining what's going on.

at the moment its line up after the 747 delta ohhh wait every aircrafts a crj 

Edited by nathaniel mitchell

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

FLAi is a model set that gets installed on your computer. Once you have it installed, it will keep working. I don't understand what you mean when you say it's offline and now model matching doesn't work. That doesn't make any sense.

If the FLAi server is down, you just won't be able to use the FLAi application to update the model set, but the models you already have will continue to work fine.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted (edited)

And I just ran the updater without any issues so I also don't know what exactly the OP means with the server being "off-line"...

Edited by Tomas Hansson
Typo

Tomas Hansson

nathaniel mitchell
Posted
Posted (edited)

yes you probs did run the installer ok and it worked fine, were on about we cant download the installer FLAi: FSX and P3D Model Matching for VATSIM - Brave (gyazo.com)

also i don't think anyone said anything about server 

Edited by nathaniel mitchell

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Gotcha. That makes more sense... Try this direct link instead:

[Link removed - don't want to bypass FLAi's imposed restrictions]

Edited by Tomas Hansson
Link removed

Tomas Hansson

nathaniel mitchell
Posted
Posted

that works, i dont know why the have removed the download tho without saying why since the 29th 

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, nathaniel mitchell said:

also i don't think anyone said anything about server

When you say a service is "offline" you are talking about a server. :classic_rolleyes:

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

There is a recent issue between the people at FLAi and some  of the people who create the models and paint them. FLAi takes having permission to compile and redistribute the authors original works very seriously and will not allow the package to be downloaded without that permission. As a result, FLAi had to suspend operations until this issue is resolved. Let’s all hope for a quick and positive resolution to the problem.

• Sad 3

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"