You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Black mouse pointer when it's within the borders of the radar screen

Paul Biderman

Paul Biderman
Posted
Posted

I just installed vStars (and reinstalled it).  I've never used it before.  I'm having trouble with the mouse pointer.  In the menu areas and the RDS and everything outside of the radar portion of the screen it's fine.  But when I move it over the radar portion of the screen the pointer turns black and the only way it can be seen is if you hover it over text.  Then you can see it.  I've ensured my Win10 DPI is normal.  I've changed back to the default Windows 10 cursor.  I've changed the Win 10 color screen.  I've updated my NVidia drivers to the latest version today (It's an RTX 2060 Super).  Nothing seems to help.  Any ideas?

Paul Biderman
ZAN DATM

Paul Biderman
Posted
Posted

Actually figured it out myself, but it would be good to leave this topic in case anyone else has this problem....

It's the size of the mouse pointer.  If I reset it back to the windows default of 1 the pointer shows up.  Stupid thing is, if I move it to size 1, then back to 7 where I had it before, it's fine.  So I just had to reset the size

Paul Biderman
ZAN DATM