You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Handoff frequency

John Wiesenfeld

John Wiesenfeld
Posted
Posted

I'm getting back into ES again after a hiatus of a few years, as my ARTCC is now supporting it fully. I much admire its elegance and clean design, but there's one thing that I simply cannot figure out: I have no problem handing off radar track of a flight to another controller, but when I want to transfer voice communications, for the life of me I can't figure out where to look for that controller's radio frequency. I know this is all handled automagically for text comms, and I also know that there's a way to get the frequency from the tag, but as I understand it, that information is available for only a few minutes after track handoff.

I wonder why the frequencies aren't listed in the controller list. It's so much easier to find it there than searching among the various radar targets for the one that I handed off a few minutes ago.

John Wiesenfeld

ZNY - C1

FAA IFR/SEL in a galaxy long ago and far away

Martijn Rammeloo
Posted
Posted

Right click on the next controller's callsign in the TAG.

Also (at least at Dutch VACC), the frequency will replace the next controller's callsign in the TAG automatically 10 miles (ish...) prior to COP. It will only change back into the callsign when the next controller has accepted the TAG.

Martijn

John Wiesenfeld
Posted
Posted

Thanks.

In our ARTCC (ZNY), we're trained to hand track off early and then comms some time later, so not having the frequency conveniently available is a potential problem because I need to chase the target a second time after handing off. I don't think there are actual coordination points, either, because so many of our SIDs and approaches require vectors. Now that I know what to look for I'll focus on that aspect of the TAG the next time.

John Wiesenfeld

ZNY - C1

FAA IFR/SEL in a galaxy long ago and far away