You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Struggling to get VPilot connected to FS2020

Derrick Picker

Derrick Picker
Posted
Posted

So I have read all I can read about this and I am still lost.  Does anyone have a step by step how to get the models working on Vpilot.  I can not get connected.  There are no airplanes to connect to.  I have the sim running.

I get the "not applicable" error and NO models showing up.  I have downloaded some .vmr files online and I am lost.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

"Not applicable" is not an error. It's just telling you that vPilot does not scan for installed models in MSFS like it does for FSX and P3D. vPilot automatically uses the models that come with MSFS for model matching. You don't have to do anything. Just fly.

On the connect form, enter your callsign and type code and press connect.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Derrick Picker
Posted
Posted

Wonderful thank you!  Sorry I was so confused how to get this working.  I did not put the type code in.

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Derrick Picker said:

So I have read all I can read about this and I am still lost.  Does anyone have a step by step how to get the models working on Vpilot.  I can not get connected.  There are no airplanes to connect to.  I have the sim running.

I get the "not applicable" error and NO models showing up.  I have downloaded some .vmr files online and I am lost.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

You’re going to run into some problems based on your screenshots. You need to change the default mode back to the generic Airliner twin engine Asobo 00 as in the screenshot below.

image.png.da44ba9b50fcb31636fb75f6523b7750.png

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Matthew Bartels said:

You’re going to run into some problems based on your screenshots. You need to change the default mode back to the generic Airliner twin engine Asobo 00 as in the screenshot below.

Pressing the "Reset" button will take care of that for you.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Derrick Picker
Posted
Posted

All working now thank you!

I do have one follow up question.  In the Sim (FS2020) what is the best practice for using the built-in ATC?  Do I just mute it then?  Also when needing a pushback I know you need to use the built-in ATC.  I presume you still continue to do this?

Thanks again for all your help.

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Derrick Picker said:

All working now thank you!

I do have one follow up question.  In the Sim (FS2020) what is the best practice for using the built-in ATC?  Do I just mute it then?  Also when needing a pushback I know you need to use the built-in ATC.  I presume you still continue to do this?

Thanks again for all your help.

I don't know much about pushback, but you don't use in game ATC for anything on VATSIM. I would just mute it.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"