You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

MTL vatsim

• mtl

Enrico Marques

Go to solution Solved by Koen Meier,

Enrico Marques
Posted
Posted

Hello good afternoon, I am starting my career as a virtual pilot, I have already made some flights and wanted to see the planes and real paintings, I researched and the flai would be the option, but it was unavailable for download since the 29th of December, I was following  see if I would release the download again and I come across this message:

FLAi Statement
 We are sad to share with the community that Fly AI (FLAi) has been disabled.  Site users will no longer be able to access FLAi files.

For many years, FLAi has allowed VATSIM pilots connecting to the FSX and P3D to see other aircraft depicted with the correct paint and type.  We are proud to work with VATSIM Virtual Airlines, Worldflight teams and others to ensure that custom paintings are available.  However, we are even happier to work with the freeware developers who created almost every model and redesign available on FLAi.

In December, a group of painters revoked our permission to use their work in our package.  Together, this group represented about 90% of the paintings available in FLAi.  Without paintings, there is really no reason to use FLAi in VATSIM.  In addition, there was no clear path to MSFS compatibility for our package.

was to distribute FLAi exclusively through its own free downloads of installers / flight plans.  After discussing with them, we decided that, although this method is possible, the result would not meet the standards that our users expect and will likely require a significant development and support effort.  Ultimately, it was clear that a version of FLAi that includes the work of these painters will never be allowed to go online unless it is delivered exclusively through its own installer.)

In the past few days, we've seen our well-meaning product turn into heated discussions and strong disagreements.  That was never what the FLAi was about.  Our biggest success with this project has been reaching over 50 of the best freeware developers, asking for their permission and including their best models and paintings in a package that is easy for users to access.  As soon as we realized that we didn't have the freeware community on our side - and in fact, it might even be harming the community of which we are a part - we decided it was time to move away.

The renewed interest in the community that accompanies the launch of MSFS is exciting to see.  FLAi has never had a clear path to support MSFS and therefore, in a way, is a good time for a transition.  Despite what some have expressed, it has always been our intention to work with the community, obtain permission and give credit for everything included in our work.  As others seek to fill the void we leave in the community, we hope that they will take into account the wishes of content creators in the way they act.  Specifically, we hope that VATSIM will be able to bring together a group of dedicated members to create and donate their own models and paintings for use in the community, which may represent a way to restore model correspondence to the network.

We know that there will be several comments and questions.  We agree that if we answer these questions, it will be from our personal accounts, making this the last “official” post from FLAi.  We will not respond to private messages sent to this account.

In the past few days, we've received many messages of support and thanks, both for us and for the creators of original freeware content that helped make this possible, here on Facebook.  During our interruption, we did not receive a single negative DM;  everyone was saying "thanks for letting us know" and "we hope you come back soon".  In the interest of the community, we ask that you continue in that spirit and keep your comments on this topic polite, constructive and respectful.

The words "we are sad to share" at the beginning of this post do not do justice to the sentiment.  We worked hard to bring what we could to the VATSIM community and we fought as hard as we could to maintain it.  We are happy to have been a small part of the fun of VATSIM members in recent years, and we really hope that the VATSIM community will come together to continue what we started.

- Evan, Matthew, Ryan, Szymon

The above text was taken in full from this site
 http://flai.bvartcc.com/

I saw that you can use the mtl da vivao, but you need a software called vmr generator that for my research does not exist but for download.

Someone by chance would have this vmr generator and could send me via email or MP

Or would there be any other solution for mtl at vatsim?

Thanks in advance!

• Solution
Koen Meier
Posted
Posted

The IVAO MTL is protected and should only be used when flying on that network. Vatsim received a complaint about it from ivao I believe.

Options currently are to use either UT live which is paid or AIG which is free.

also