You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

joystick

Ary Deutsch

Ary Deutsch
Posted
Posted

i have the saitek yoke but i really want to use a joystick i just cant find the right one for me!!

please recommend me so i can see my options

thanks !

happy flying

Eric Crump
Posted
Posted

I like my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro just fine.    It has twist rudder (most do) throttle on the base and more buttons than you'll likely need which can be assigned to just about anything you want.    It's cheap and I can get it out of the way when flight simming is over.    I'd love a high end yoke, etc., but to me it's a hassle to have all that extra stuff on my desk.     

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Thrustmaster T.16000M 

It is Ambidextrous, you can modify the grip for left or right hand operations. It is also twist. 

• Like 1

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Jonas Helkey
Posted
Posted (edited)

I use a very basic, inexpensive Thrustmaster and can recommend it. I would think the whole line of thrustmasters is probably gonna be viable.

Oh and I have that paired with "the" Logitech/Saitek throttle quadrant and use the thrust lever on the stick as a steering tiller. It works much better as that than it does as a throttle lever.

On a related note, I'll take that yoke if you're looking to get rid of it...

Edited by Jonas Helkey