You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot 2.7.0 Released as Stable

Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)

vPilot 2.7.0 is now available in the Stable update channel or from the vPilot Downloads Page.

Changes in this version include:

• Add support for transponder state simvar in MSFS.
  • Change observer mode checkbox label to be more accurate.
  • Remove stale aircraft meta data when aircraft deleted by sim. (Fixes small memory leak.)
  • Add timeout to simconnect.dll download.
  • Replace KittyHawk with MSFS in sim connected message.
  • Add default model warning popup.
  • Hide non-applicable MSFS model matching settings.
  • Remove recent aircraft list from Connect window.

Edited by Ross Carlson
  • Like 1

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• Ross Carlson changed the title to vPilot 2.7.0 Released as Stable
  • Ross Carlson featured and pinned this topic
Abdul Basit
Posted
Posted

Hi.

I'm flying the a320nx developer mod in fs2020. I use vpilot and was using the 2.6.10 version. I received a notification for an update within the application and so I updated it to the current 2.7 version. Ever since then, if there are two active frequencies, vpilot automatically switches between them even though they havent switched in the aircraft. I uninstalled and reinstalled vpilot hoping that this would solve the issue but it did not. Can you please give me a link to the 2.6.10 version so I can download that since that was working perfectly.

Thanks!

Miikka Heikkinen
Posted
Posted

Why recent aircraft list from Connect window was removed?

Abdul Basit
Posted
Posted

Here is a screenshot of the problem mentioned above

20210131_185645.jpg

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Abdul Basit said:

Hi.

I'm flying the a320nx developer mod in fs2020. I use vpilot and was using the 2.6.10 version. I received a notification for an update within the application and so I updated it to the current 2.7 version. Ever since then, if there are two active frequencies, vpilot automatically switches between them even though they havent switched in the aircraft. I uninstalled and reinstalled vpilot hoping that this would solve the issue but it did not. Can you please give me a link to the 2.6.10 version so I can download that since that was working perfectly.

Thanks!

This is most likely a problem with the aircraft, not vPilot.

Edited by Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Miikka Heikkinen said:

Why recent aircraft list from Connect window was removed?

Because a lot of users were confused by it, thinking they could not connect if the list was empty. And not a lot of users even used that list anyway. It will still save the last type code and callsign that you used for your last flight.

Abdul Basit
Posted
Posted

Can I please get a download link for version 2.6.10

Thanks 

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Abdul Basit said:

Can I please get a download link for version 2.6.10

Thanks 

It's better to figure out the actual problem, not avoid it by staying stuck in an outdated version of vPilot.

Does it work in other aircraft?

Abdul Basit
Posted
Posted

Haven't tried another aircraft. I fly 3 to 4 hrs everyday online. I'll check with another aircraft. In the mean time I would appreciate of I can get a link for the 2.6 10 to check that out as well. This will confirm whether the problem is with the mod or vpilot. You must have seen the screenshot. The frequency in vpilot is switching not in the aircraft. Secondly this issue started since I downloaded version 2.7. 

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

13 hours ago, Abdul Basit said:

Ever since then, if there are two active frequencies, vpilot automatically switches between them even though they havent switched in the aircraft.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "two active frequencies"? Please describe the actual problem in complete detail, so that I can try to reproduce it here.

And let me know what you find with other aircraft.

Magnus Meese
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Ross Carlson said:

Because a lot of users were confused by it, thinking they could not connect if the list was empty. And not a lot of users even used that list anyway. It will still save the last type code and callsign that you used for your last flight.

I appreciate you'd rather not have to deal with the confused ones. Really liked the function though, any chance for an enable-option under Misc in the future?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)
Just now, Magnus Meese said:

I appreciate you'd rather not have to deal with the confused ones. Really liked the function though, any chance for an enable-option under Misc in the future?

I really don't think it's necessary ... all it does is save you a few keystrokes, and only then for users that regularly switch between several aircraft, and that type of user is not the majority. Most users either fly the same callsign and type every time, or they change at least the callsign (flight number) every time.

Edited by Ross Carlson

Abdul Basit
Posted
Posted

The frequencies on com1 in the aircraft.. Active and non active.. The active switches to non active on its own after a few minutes... I took a screen shot of the same and forwarded it earlier. 

Magnus Meese
Posted
Posted

Fair, that's probably true for most. It was just very nice to easily fetch my previously used SELCALs for longhaul and to avoid having to go via stats.vatsim.net to remember which regs I've been using for certain add-ons (I swap between regions, for a few different GA planes).

No worries though

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Abdul Basit said:

The frequencies on com1 in the aircraft.. Active and non active.. The active switches to non active on its own after a few minutes... I took a screen shot of the same and forwarded it earlier. 

What happens if you do the same thing with one of the default aircraft, like the C172?

Jasper Franken
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi,

I Just updated to the latest version, now my PTT button only activates with VPILOT in foreground, when in fullscreen P3Dv5 the PTT button on my joystick doesn't activate transmit. I use Vpilot in host with voice, I'm able to transmit with the PTT on the client. Any ideas? in previous versions it worked fine.

To Clarify:

• Vpilot on Host in foreground, when I press the PTT, TX "light"activates on client
  • Vpilot on host in background/minimized, when I press the PTT TX light on client doesn't light up
  • Pressing PTT on client keybord and TX lights up

When I get TX on, audio is fine (via Host)

EDIT (about hour later), I removed the command from my Saitek software setting "button 1" to my LFT CTRL and assigned the "button 1" directly to VPILOT and that works fine. I'm happy

EDIT 2:

Q: I can hear others and my mic has no problem, but whenever I try to transmit with my PTT, I need to switch to the vPilot window in order to transmit successfully. If I try to attempt to transmit inside the simulator without switching to vPilot, the TX in the top right corner of vPilot window is not highlighted and I cannot transmit. Any idea why?

A: That's a symptom that indicates that you are not running vPilot as an administrator. If you run FSX/P3D as an administrator, you must run vPilot as an administrator.

regards, Jasper

Edited by Jasper Franken
found a workaround. edit 2, I should read the Q and A after 20 yeras
5751.png

Richard Walsh
Posted
Posted
On 1/31/2021 at 12:40 PM, Ross Carlson said:

Really? Taking it away from people that aren't easily confused by shiny things seems odd. How many of these people are there? I liked this function.

Ian Livesey
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi. I too am a bit miffed that the drop down box on the connect pop up has disappered? It was quite nifty for me that. 

Edited by Ian Livesey

Michael Roberge
Posted
Posted
On 1/17/2021 at 8:36 PM, Ross Carlson said:

vPilot 2.7.0 is now available in the Stable update channel or from the vPilot Downloads Page.

Changes in this version include:

• Add support for transponder st

New member...I downloaded the latest version of vpilot and an error message appeared in red it couldn't find some files. I'm at work atm so I can't re-create, but I tested and was ready to enter.

Michael Roberge
Posted
Posted

Trying to run most current download, this is what I get.

vpilot error.jpg

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Does the folder "C:\Users\mrobe\Documents" exist?

Michael Roberge
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

Does the folder "C:\Users\mrobe\Documents" exist?

I'll check when I get home...I didn't know I had to create that....sorry

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Michael Roberge said:

I'll check when I get home...I didn't know I had to create that....sorry

You don't. Windows creates it when you create your account.

Michael Roberge
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

You don't. Windows creates it when you create your account.

Correction...for me, I had to create that folder myself. Then the program error went away and the program executed. So I think I logged on as an observer in Sedona. Was I supposed to notice anything different? I just sat there in my cold and dark 182. Looked the same to me as being in msfs2020. I thought I noticed a person shadowing me in my seat with a ball cap on? And I still had my tower block up in the left corner I could pick tower answers from. And I though that black rectangular screen block of the vatsim program would stay on top, but it didn't. Sorry, just trying to get a gist of what I should be seeing. Thanks.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Windows creates that folder for you. If yours was missing, it somehow got deleted.

• Ross Carlson unfeatured and unpinned this topic