You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Electronic voices in vatsim

Paul Knowles

Paul Knowles
Posted
Posted

when I am flying on vatsim I hear a lot of electronic voices that just seem to come in regardless of who is speaking and these electronic voices cause the human voices to decline in volume to a point where they are almost inaudible until they stop and then everything returns to normal after a few seconds. Can anyone explain where these voices come from, why they don't follow protocol and is there any way of stopping them?

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

Those voices don’t follow protocol probably because it’s either your in-game ATC, or default ATIS frequencies. 🙂 What simulator are you using, and what are these voices saying?

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Paul Knowles
Posted
Posted

I'm running p3d V5 and the voices are electronically synthesized voices that give things like clearance to approaches and runways, very similar to the tower controller but electronically synthesized voices, and also pilot voices  requesting similar such as clearances and and approaches etc. If these are indeed my simulator how do I why cancel these voices out to allow just the vatsim voices?