You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can't connect to VATSIM (invalid CID/Password error)

Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly
Posted
Posted

I've waited 24 hours, I took the orientation exam, and I have typed out both my CID and Password accurately. Ive even changed my password twice. Yet I'm continuously getting an invalid CID/Password error. Are there any settings that I am neglecting to check? WHat am i doing incorrectly? please help

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted

Did you wait 24 hours after changing your password? Which server are you trying to connect to? Maybe try a different one? Sometimes the password contains characters that are hard to recognize (lower-case "L" vs upper-case "i" for example). Try a copy and paste but make sure to exclude the whitespace...

• Thanks 1

Tomas Hansson

Mikhail Pogrebnoy
Posted
Posted

Сетевая ошибка: неверный CID / пароль

Mikhail Pogrebnoy
Posted
Posted

929574990_DesktopScreenshot2021_01.27-13_42_19_88.thumb.png.bb45cf13c513aac832d598eabcfd2bc6.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Before you are able to log onto the online VATSIM servers, you must review the New Member Orientation Course and then pass a short exam. After successfully passing the exam, your account status will become active, and you may log on.

If you are looking for your New Member orientation, please login to my.vatsim.net and click on the link that is shown immediately after login.

If you are looking for your New Member exam, please login to my.vatsim.net and look toward the bottom of the menu on the left for the "My Exams" menu item. The exam will be available for retake one hour after any unsuccessful attempt.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations