You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Using FLAI

Robert Bressert

Robert Bressert
Posted
Posted

I had to move Prepar3d 5 to a new computer.  Before I did, I copied the FLAI folder which was in my appdata/roaming folder onto a thumbdrive.

In the new computer, I transferred the FLAI folder onto my new computer into my appdata/roaming folder.  Then I also added the FLAi_Model_Matching.vmr into documents/vPilot files/FLAI.  The problem is, vpilot is not recognizing the models, even though I add FLAi_Model_Matching.vmr to Custom rules in vpilot.

Is there any way I can use that on my new computer in P3D 5?  If it is permissible, can anyone give me some advice?

Koen Meier
Posted
Posted

Flai used addon.xml method in p3d v5 is that file present?

Robert Bressert
Posted
Posted (edited)

No.  At least not in \AppData\Roaming\FLAI.  Is that where it would be found?  Could I create one? 

Edited by Robert Bressert

Robert Bressert
Posted
Posted

Would someone please send me their addon.xml file from FLAI.  And, also, where you place that file.  It would be greatly appreciated.

Robert Bressert
Posted
Posted

Anyone?  Flying around with vpilot constantly beeping because I don't have a model to match the airplanes in my vicinity is unbelievably annoying.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Robert Bressert said:

Anyone?  Flying around with vpilot constantly beeping because I don't have a model to match the airplanes in my vicinity is unbelievably annoying.

In the meantime, while you wait for someone to send you that file, you can prevent the errors by removing the VMR file.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Robert Bressert
Posted
Posted

Thanks Ross, that's good to know.  I am wondering why no one has sent their addon.xml file?  Is that permissible?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Robert Bressert said:

Is that permissible?

I don't know ... since FLAi had to shut down due to some of the model and texture providers revoking their permission to use their content in the FLAi package, I think people are wary of sharing any of the FLAi files now.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Robert Bressert
Posted
Posted

I totally get it!  Thanks.