You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATSIM Forum account deletion

GDPR-removed

GDPR-removed
Posted
Posted

Hello there, how do I delete my VATSIM forum account (this platform)?

GDPR-removed
Posted
Posted

Um, hello? Someone gotta know the answer.

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted (edited)

Raise a support ticket  -  VATSIM Membership

Edited by Andrew McCabe

GDPR-removed
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Andrew McCabe said:

Raise a support ticket  -  VATSIM Membership

Yeah I have tried several times, the site jsut crashes or something else doesnt work...

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted

Works for me.   You will just need to be patient and some one will pick it up here.

GDPR-removed
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Andrew McCabe said:

Works for me.   You will just need to be patient and some one will pick it up here.

Aight, ill try again.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Actually, please don't open a Membership ticket.  Membership support tickets are for Membership items, like if you are having difficulty reactivating your account, having trouble with your password, etc.  The Support Forum here is where people should ask for tech/web support.  Currently, if someone opens a Membership ticket asking for tech support, we direct them back to the forums.  Most of the questions that are asked, have been asked and answered before here on the forums, often multiple (dozens, hundreds, even thousands of) times.  So the forums are often the best/fastest way to get Tech/Web help.

However, as we do strive to make it as easy as we can for our members, the current methodology may be changing in the future; we have just begun beta testing a new help desk system, which, in addition to reducing/eliminating all the frustrating errors with the current old and decrepit system, is likely to have the ability to channel support requests to Web Services.  However, this is a ways off from being implemented.  

• Thanks 1

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations