You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Euroscope ATIS Rollover

Josh Perry

Josh Perry
Posted
Posted

Hey all,

We are stumped on how to get ES v25 to notify online controllers when the new atis rolls over.  Right now the only person who knows is the person who put the atis up.  Everyone else has to be told, then manually change the letter.

Is there anyone who has had this issue, or knows where to start looking?

Thanks,

Josh Perry

CZEG Deputy Chief

Spyros Stavrakis
Posted
Posted

Hi Josh,

There is a command to do that. Simply double left click on the ATIS you want on the controller list, as if you were chatting with another controller. Then type .subscribe to get the updates. To stop it press .unsubscribe 

Josh Perry
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Spyros Stavrakis said:

Hi Josh,

There is a command to do that. Simply double left click on the ATIS you want on the controller list, as if you were chatting with another controller. Then type .subscribe to get the updates. To stop it press .unsubscribe 

We will give that a try, thanks!

Josh Perry
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Josh Perry said:

We will give that a try, thanks!

34 minutes ago, Spyros Stavrakis said:

Hi Josh,

Was not able to get it to work.  I cant even press enter with that command so it doesnt even look like thats an option for us

Spyros Stavrakis
Posted
Posted

Oops my fault its subscribe and unsubscribe with no dots (.)🙃

Tony Koch
Posted
Posted

I believe subscribe and unsubscribe may be applicable to vATIS users. Doesn't seem to work for Euroscope/Uniatis.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Normally this ATIS-advisory is done automatically. The manual of Euroscope says so specifically and I also see it happening.

If you have checked the Automatically generate new ATIS using the URL check box, EuroScope will automatically update the ATIS for every new METAR report that is being received. It also increases the ATIS letter automatically at that time. In order to let neighboring controllers know that the ATIS code has changed, EuroScope sends a text message to all other EuroScope clients in range, containing the new ATIS letter and airport code. If a neighboring controller has specified the same ATIS airport, the ATIS letter in his client is automatically updated and immediately visible in the menu bar.

https://www.euroscope.hu/wp/voice-atis/

Tony Koch
Posted
Posted

Andreas, what version of Euroscope are you and your fellow controllers using? What ATIS maker URL are you using?

Tony Koch
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just to repeat the question.... In r25 of Euroscope, the ATIS letter advances for the controller who has connected the ATIS. It does not advance for any other controllers online at the same time. That is what's broken since AFV and subsequent releases of Euroscope.

Edited by Tony Koch

Martijn Rammeloo
Posted
Posted

Since the newer (post-AfV) betas, this no longer works, unfortunately.

Bernardo Reis
Posted
Posted

What we do that seems to work is spam the Test URL button. It broadcasts the information to the other controllers it seems.

Tony Koch
Posted
Posted

Bernardo, this works in Euroscope r25? Before AFV and the releases of Euroscope since then, Test URL and/or manually changing the ATIS letter were techniques to trigger a letter update in the METAR list for controllers after the ATIS had been connected. Neither of these steps seem to work now.

Bernardo Reis
Posted
Posted (edited)

The majority of our controllers (including myself) use r25 and it works. We use a custom ATIS URL.

Edited by Bernardo Reis

Tony Koch
Posted
Posted (edited)

Very interesting. We are using r25 with a Uniatis URL from within Euroscope -- not vATIS -- and automated ATIS letter advancement only works for the controller who connected the ATIS. No other controllers online at the same time see updates in the METAR list. I wonder what is different -- besides the specifics of the URL. And how could the URL, which is only intended to facillitate text to voice, as I understand it, have anything to do with the ATIS letter when the METAR changes?

Edited by Tony Koch

Bernardo Reis
Posted
Posted

They spam the URL button and after that the letter changes automatically.

Tony Koch
Posted
Posted

I see. Before AFV, after the ATIS was connected, other controllers online would wait for the connected controller to TEST URL or manually change the ATIS letter and then the METAR list would update and advance by itself for all controllers whenever the METAR changed. If we had multiple airports in the region using different ATIS letters for their different ATIS's, all the letters would march to the music.

After AFV, and release changes in Euroscope, this broke. Now, only the connected controller sees updated ATIS letters. Of course, we all see the colour change in the METAR list when the weather changes but the automated ATIS letter updating remains broken.

You are suggesting that after the weather changes, all controllers -- who do not have an ATIS connected -- should match the current ATIS letter and press Test URL and the METAR list will updates for all airports with connected ATIS's in the region?

Torben Andersen
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tony Koch said:

You are suggesting that after the weather changes, all controllers -- who do not have an ATIS connected -- should match the current ATIS letter and press Test URL and the METAR list will updates for all airports with connected ATIS's in the region?

I don't think it matters if you have an ATIS connected yourself or not. Often CTR has the ATIS for a secondary airport and TWR has the ATIS for the main airport within an area. Eg. in Denmark EKDK_CTR often has EKBI_Atis, EKCH_TWR has EKCH Atis, but EKDK receives inbound traffic to EKCH and thus needs to know the current ATIS in EKCH, while at the same time uses the ATIS for EKBI (or another secondary airport) in Denmark.

In Denmark the atis usually works and updates correctly.

Torben Andersen, VACC-SCA Controller (C1)

Bernardo Reis
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tony Koch said:

I see. Before AFV, after the ATIS was connected, other controllers online would wait for the connected controller to TEST URL or manually change the ATIS letter and then the METAR list would update and advance by itself for all controllers whenever the METAR changed. If we had multiple airports in the region using different ATIS letters for their different ATIS's, all the letters would march to the music.

After AFV, and release changes in Euroscope, this broke. Now, only the connected controller sees updated ATIS letters. Of course, we all see the colour change in the METAR list when the weather changes but the automated ATIS letter updating remains broken.

The controller handling the ATIS spams the test URL button. This broadcasts the ATIS information to the surrounding controllers.

Thimo Koolen
Posted
Posted

As we use a different program to generate our ATIS text and put it in ES ATIS text box. The "start single record playback" button used to push the new ATIS letter to other controllers. This doesn't work in the current ES beta as previously discussed by others here. So I tried the option with the URL, by doing the following:

- Create a dummy webservice that returns a hardcoded ATIS text (technically it's flexible with an API POST call, but that doesn't matter here)

- ES recognizes this and puts the correct ATIS text in the text box

- Also checked the "automatically generate new ATIS on this URL" checkbox

Result: this does not push the new ATIS letter to other controllers (or in this case: an observer that logged in to test with me).

Did I miss something?

spacer.png

ACCNL4 (Training Director) - Dutch VACC

• 1 month later...
Tony Koch
Posted
Posted

All our problems related to Euroscope and the ATIS vanished when we abandoned the ATIS maker Uniatis URL in favour of a service from vatatis.nz. No Euroscope error messages. Correct ATIS letter progressions and METAR list updates. TEST URL propogates the current letter to all online controllers. Chime and text notifications when the ATIS changes.