You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Sound issue vPilot MSFS2020

Sam Rosamond

Sam Rosamond
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi all. I'm brand new to this, be gentle. 

I'm on MSFS2020 using vPilot in the A320. I've loaded into the airport, loaded vPilot and set the frequency. I can hear the tone when someone sends a text message to the controller, but I cannot hear any voices. The TX lights up when I press ptt however the RX has never lit up. 

I've also tried tuning to the atis but I've no luck with that either. 

The audio settings in vPilot are correct as I can hear the tone for text.

I had a controller suggest that maybe the vhf was set wrong but its set to vhf1 which is correct. 

vPilot is also being run in admin mode.

So, any ideas ?

Thanks Sam

Edited by Sam Rosamond

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Sam Rosamond said:

The audio settings in vPilot are correct as I can hear the tone for text.

The tone for text has nothing to do with vPilot audio settings. Sounds like that come through your default Windows output device. The audio settings in vPilot only affect radio transmissions from ATC and other pilots.

I know others have posted similar symptoms as you. Have a look through the AFV forum and see what you can find there.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Sam Rosamond
Posted
Posted

Hi, I've had a look through the forums and google/discord and spoke to a controller last night. no one seems to have a resolution unfortunately. 

So far I've spent last night and most of today trying different things to resolve the issue. 

Ben Lim
Posted
Posted

I had this issue a few days ago - I was able to tune in, but no audio could be heard. The frequency text on vpilot was in white, and not in blue as it usually is. My computer went to sleep/standby mode - not too sure if this cut off some of the audio output.

A computer reset solved the problem.

Soarbywire - Flight Simulation and Avionic Engineering

• 2 weeks later...
Terence LAI VAN
Posted
Posted
On 1/30/2021 at 12:17 AM, Ben Lim said:

I had this issue a few days ago - I was able to tune in, but no audio could be heard. The frequency text on vpilot was in white, and not in blue as it usually is. My computer went to sleep/standby mode - not too sure if this cut off some of the audio output.

A computer reset solved the problem.

Hello, I have the same issue, what do you mean by a computer reset ? (Sorry i'm french so i'm not sure for the term "reset")

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, Terence LAI VAN said:

Hello, I have the same issue, what do you mean by a computer reset ? (Sorry i'm french so i'm not sure for the term "reset")

Power off/power on

ACH2118.jpg

Terence LAI VAN
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Lauri Uusitalo said:

Power off/power on

Oh ok 😅. I already try it. That's not work for me...

• 4 weeks later...
Jeff Garry
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm having this exact same issue as the original poster. I logged into the server yesterday to test everything, but unfortunately no sound comes through. Just like the original poster, I do get the static sound when a message pops up on the screen, so my radio is tuned correctly and my speaker setting are correct. I'm jut not hearing voices. Not even ATIS is working. I did add vPilot as an exception to my firewall. I've also tried different aircraft with no luck.

Has anyone had any luck with a fix?

Edited by Jeff Garry
more detail