You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

I failed in the test

Aniessh Medhyal

Aniessh Medhyal
Posted
Posted

Hi, I failed the new member test so, can I retake the test or not?

Thank You
Aniessh Medhyal.

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

Not quite the right place to post this question, but the answer is yes. It will be reassigned after an hour.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

Aniessh Medhyal
Posted
Posted

ok, thank you, so where should I post this questions?

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

Pilot Talk is a better place, but you have the answer now anyway! After failing the test, you simply need to wait an hour to try again. However, you probably failed because you didn't know enough, so you should probably do some more work on the sutuff you're supposed to know before trying again! :)

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

Aniessh Medhyal
Posted
Posted

ok!

Kevin Hernandez
Posted
Posted

Yea, if you fail it will be reassigned after one hour.

• 1 year later...
Christopher Soja
Posted
Posted

After you fail the s1 exam about 3 times, you have to contact vatsim support?

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

Try posting this in the controllers forum.

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

• 4 months later...
cederik warnitz
Posted
Posted
On 1/29/2021 at 5:01 PM, Matthew Bartels said:

Not quite the right place to post this question, but the answer is yes. It will be reassigned after an hour.

hello i am new here and i failed my test too but i cant do it over again its yestreday i tried and today it still doesnt work can someone help me plz

cederik warnitz
Posted
Posted
Just now, cederik warnitz said:

hello i am new here and i failed my test too but i cant do it over again its yestreday i tried and today it still doesnt work can someone help me plz

it just said time remaining: thats it

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Looks like you figured it out.  It did work; you just failed the exam multiple times.  As is covered in the training material as well on the beginning exam screen, each time you fail the exam, you need to wait at least one hour to attempt a retake.  That is time that you are offered with the hope that you'll review the material, help solidify your learning, and pass the exam on the next try.  It's the way it was designed, and what we hope for, anyway....

In any case, the learning material (and plenty more) is available for re-review.  You are welcome to review the material as many times as you need to help you feel more comfortable with the material, and to help you (and the others in the community) have a better experience.

• Like 1

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations