You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Question about zooming

Brian Kramer

Brian Kramer
Posted
Posted

Hi all.  Newby here - sorry for the basic question.  I'm on a Surface Pro tablet, with no physical mouse.  I just installed VAT-Spy.  Used my trackpad to zoom in, now am unable to zoom out to view anything other than water.  I've checked the Help section, which directs me to the VAT-Spy page.  It says to see the "Documentation" section for instructions, but here simply indicates smooth zooming and panning.  In reading the forum I saw a post requesting remapping of the mouse buttons.  Can somebody please tell me is this possible on a machine such as mine, where I don't have a real mouse?  Right now it looks like the only way I can get back to default map view is to reinstall the application.

Thank you!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Zooming in VAT-Spy is done with the mouse wheel. Usually, you can emulate the mouse wheel with gestures on the trackpad, such as dragging two fingers up or down the pad. Does that work?

You can also use the arrows in the toolbar to go back to previous map views.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Brian Kramer
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Ross Carlson said:

Zooming in VAT-Spy is done with the mouse wheel. Usually, you can emulate the mouse wheel with gestures on the trackpad, such as dragging two fingers up or down the pad. Does that work?

You can also use the arrows in the toolbar to go back to previous map views.

@Ross Carlson - appreciate your response!  Unfortunately I've since removed and reinstalled the application.  It didn't resolve the issue (I have the same view as before), but it did reset where I no longer have any previous map views (arrows are greyed out).  Also I've tried the methods you've described above; no matter what I try seems to only zoom in.

I'll just install this on my primary machine and use as intended.  I was hoping to use on my tablet, but that's in no way a show stopper.  Thanks again for your time!