You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Invalid CID/Password

sam bridgeman

sam bridgeman
Posted
Posted

Good evening, i am new to the VATSIM world, i have completed the P0 exam and passed around an hour ago or so. i go to log in and it says invalid CID/Password. i have typed the password manually as the support page suggests and still nothing and have also tried different servers to see if that would help

Any feedback would be really appreciated thank you

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted

It may take up to 24 hours for the servers to become "aware" that you have passed the P0 exam. You can try a different server or just wait until they sync up.

Tomas Hansson

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Is there no FAQ for this question? Seems to be getting asked Frequently.

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Matt Bozwood-Davies
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Kirk Christie said:

Is there no FAQ for this question? Seems to be getting asked Frequently.

You have successfully completed the New Member Orientation Course, which means that you will soon be able to connect to the VATSIM network!
To get started as a Pilot, please click here to download a client for your simulator.
To get started as an Air Traffic Controller, please click here.

We operate with a network of distributed servers, so it can take several hours (up to 24, but usually much less) for new/updated membership information and credentials to be passed to all servers, including the voice server, which is a separate server from the flight servers. 

Within the first 24 hours after registering, reactivating your account, completing your New Member Orientation, or a password change, if your preferred server rejects your credentials, you are welcome to keep trying different servers in the hopes of finding one that will work.  The servers are all interconnected, so all traffic and connections may be seen regardless of which server you connect to.

Is what it says when you pass the P0 exam. 

On the support page, and duplicate page in myVATSIM it says

I'm getting an error when logging into VATSIM

1. Please allow up to 24 hours after making any changes to your account for the servers to synchronize. This will likely solve your issue. This includes obtaining a password reset.

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted
On 1/30/2021 at 5:36 PM, sam bridgeman said:

Any feedback would be really appreciated thank you

Sam, could you help us by commenting on why it was that you missed the info Matt has quoted? Was it simply a case of tl;dr, or too much other info, or too keen to get started (which is understandable) or something else?

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Every 5th question in the P0 exam needs to be "True/False: it may take up to 24 hours after you finish this exam before you can successfully log onto the network."

• Haha 3

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png