You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unable to connect

Miklos Cserny

Miklos Cserny
Posted
Posted

To whom it may concern,

Uptil last week I was able to connect through xPilot to VATSIM. However the last few flights, xPilot connected to my simulator, but when I tried to connect to VATSIM I got a red message Network error: Invalid CID/password.

I have checked and rechecked my particulars, but could not find any discrepances. 

Could someone advise how to overcome this problem.

Thanks and regards,

Miklos Cserny

Miklos Cserny
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have requested help over 21 hours ago, but no response at all. Anyone reads the Forum at all?

Edited by Miklos Cserny
correction
  • Confused 1

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

Have you recently changed your password? If so that can take up to 24 hours to sync. 

If not, make sure you enter it exactly as it appears, capitalization matters, and try again.

Worst case scenario, try requesting a new password at my.VATSIM.net and know that it could be 24 hours again before you can connect, but you may have luck before then if you pick a different server.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Miklos Cserny
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Matt,

No, I have not changed my PW, until last week or so I have been using XPilot without any trouble. The only thing I have changed was, I have installed a new Thrust Master Joystick. The PW is working OK in the Forum. The PW and CID only consists of numbers, therefore no CAPS are involved.

Awaiting your response.

Best regards,

Miklos 

Edited by Miklos Cserny

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Miklos Cserny said:

The PW and CID only consists of numbers, therefore no CAPS are involved

Passwords for vatsim should consist of both numbers, letters and Caps, since the password requirements were changed several years ago. If you have a password that just consists of numbers you are using the incorrect one. 

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Miklos Cserny
Posted
Posted

Hi Kirk,

I have requested a PW change, but when I try to log into it, since my PW is only numeric it will not accept it. Any advice?

However, the old PW is accepted by the Forum entry.

Regards,

Miklos

Removed
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello.

Your password has not been numeric only for a few months already.

I suggest you visit https://my.vatsim.net/reset and reset your password, as it seems that you do not have the correct password memorized / written down.

If you require further assistance, please open a ticket at https://support.vatsim.net where Membership Department staff members can help you.

Edited by Michael Mund-Hoym

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Miklos Cserny said:

my PW is only numeric

Mine too. I don't understand Kirk's or MIchael's posts.

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

Removed
Posted
Posted

Passwords used to be numeric only until a point when VATSIM decided to change passwords to be more secure.

While this change initially only affected new members, now, whenever a VATSIM member self-reactivates their account, or chooses to use the "forgotten password" function, their old password is changed to a new one, following the security standard VATSIM has implemented after above described change.

New VATSIM passwords consist of numbers, as well as upper and lower case letters.

• Like 1

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

Thanks. I didn't know that, having not needed to self-reactivate recently or to renew my password. But it sounds like Miklos has problems getting the new password because the old one doesn't give him access. And it's also curious that he can access the forums.

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

If I remember the change correctly, it was a requirement that you requested a password reset when the email was sent out notifying the new password requirements, otherwise I would still be using my old one as I have never forgotten it.

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Miklos Cserny
Posted
Posted

Password reset with thanks. Able to connect to VATSIM via XPilot. Thanks to all.

Regards,

Miklos