You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ES Scenario Editor

Jagard Strong

Jagard Strong
Posted
Posted

Has any one had issues with the ES scenario editor Altitude set box? The default altitude is 7000 but as per my local FIR SID it is 5000. I set 5000, but it keeps reverting back to 7000. I have run ES as Admin with no luck. 

Also as per the SID a/c fly runway heading. I've tried to delete the [Route] portion of the scenario but again it just pulls the info from the FP and follows that. I have to manually select the heading once a/c becomes airborne. 

Cheers

Jagard

Screenshot_1.png

Michael Kuhne
Posted
Posted

You need to enter a waypoint in the field "Requested at:" in order to set the initial climb altitude to 5000ft, as there always needs to be a waypoint together with an altitude restriction. You most probably have to enter a route in the empty field in order to do so. In the scenario files it will look like this: WAYPOINT/5000.

For a departure on RWY heading you will still need to give them a waypoint to fly to (one not on their flight plan route). Look in ES (show all waypoints etc.) for a waypoint that would suit this purpose best. Best is one at a distance far enough from the runway for the aircraft not to turn before given a turn by a controller anyway.

Jagard Strong
Posted
Posted

Hmm Okay. 

I have figured out a way to get runway heading ($Route:-) just removes the "auto Pull" feature from the FP. But you will then have to manually enter the first fix based on their FP (which can be extra work) 

I have tried this $Route:-/5000 to to no avail. I can do what you suggested, it just seems like unnecessary work considering you should be able to enter the first altitude.