You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vpilot model matching issue

Tanmay Malik

Tanmay Malik
Posted
Posted (edited)

I recently downloaded Vpilot and I want to enable my model matching (Im using Woai). However when I scanned there were 0 models identified. Then I checked the advanced settings and I believe that you should be able to enable model matching by checking the boxes but there were no files or boxes there. It was just blank. I have tried reinstalling Vpilot however I still had the same problem. Any ideas on how to enable my model matching? 

Tanmay

image.png

Edited by Tanmay Malik

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

If there were zero models found, then something is messed up with your FSX configuration. vPilot reads your FSX.cfg file to find all the SimObjectsPaths. It then scans all of those paths to find aircraft.cfg files.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Tanmay Malik
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

If there were zero models found, then something is messed up with your FSX configuration. vPilot reads your FSX.cfg file to find all the SimObjectsPaths. It then scans all of those paths to find aircraft.cfg files.

Oh okay. Thank you for the quick reply! Is there anything I can fix with my FSX configuration?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Have a look at the FSX.cfg file and see if those SimObjectPaths definitions are there.

Tanmay Malik
Posted
Posted

The SimObjectPaths definitions arent there for me.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Then that's your problem. I suggest deleting or renaming the FSX.cfg. FSX will regenerate it the next time you run it, hopefully with those missing lines restored.

Edited by Ross Carlson

Tanmay Malik
Posted
Posted

Okay I´ll try that and come back to you.

Tanmay Malik
Posted
Posted

So first I renamed the fsx cfg to fsx.CFG and Vpilot did not recognize my fsx however it said that it was connected to it. Then I deleted the cfg and started fsx and it was not generated. 

image.png.bbfa69098a5b8f55330906878caa43e3.pngimage.png.1209a34509aa6b973a3f79f71dab1587.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Every time I've deleted the cfg in the past, FSX has recreated it. I don't know what to suggest if that's not happening for you.

Tanmay Malik
Posted
Posted

Maybe reinstalling fsx could generate a fsx.cfg

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

It could, but that would be like slamming a tiny nail into the side of your house with a Boeing 737 flying at 330 knots, when a tap from a tiny hammer would do.... 😉

Renaming from *.cfg to *.CFG isn't really renaming in the Windows world.  Suggest you make sure you delete all instances of fsx.cfg in any combination of upper and lower case and then try again.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Tanmay Malik
Posted
Posted

Somehow I managed to sort this out by messing around with the cfg. Anyways, thank you for helping me out 🙂