You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can't Install update

Felipe Trucco

Felipe Trucco
Posted
Posted

Am not able to install any of the updated versions.  I have the 1.03719 version.  When i attempt to install an update the installer goes very quickly which indicates an incomplete install.  I try starting but nothing happens.  I've disabled any anti-virus, deleted the config file and the VAT-Spy folder in the roaming subdirectory all without any luck.  Any advise?  Thanks in advance

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Sounds like the installer is crashing. What is the last thing you see before it disappears?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Felipe Trucco
Posted
Posted

The installer attempts to install, the green progress bar flashes, and I then receive "VAT-Spy has been installed on your computer. Click finish to close thee wizard".  Launch VAT-Spy is checked.

I click on Finish and nothing happens.  I double-click on the icon to open VAT-Spy and nothing happens.  The non-beta version install ans open with out issue.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

So the installer is completing fine, but the app doesn't run. What version of Windows?

Felipe Trucco
Posted
Posted

Version 7

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Do you know if you have .NET Framework 4.7.2 installed? If not, try downloading it and see if that fixes it. Either way, please reply here and let me know.

https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/thank-you/net472-web-installer

Felipe Trucco
Posted
Posted

Hi... success!  Thanks for your help and the link.  Much appreciated...