You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Any support available for ACSIM sweatbox

John Gayford 814699

John Gayford 814699
Posted
Posted

Hi

I have been trying to contact Chris Serio to see if a fix can be found for the bug which prevents us using this great simulator in the south pacific, but without much luck.

Does anyone else have access to the code and would they be able to provide [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance.

Rgds

John Gayford

Marc Riedel 837945
Posted
Posted

Hi John

I tried it too to get contact some months ago but I almost got here in serious trouble instead of getting in contact.

http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=12062

Marc Riedel

vACC-SAG Director, Mentor & ATC Frankfurt FIR

Manager VATEUD ATC-Academy, VATEUD/SAG Examiner

967.png

John Gayford 814699
Posted
Posted

Hi Marc

Thanks for your link. Looks like we just have to accept that Chris is busy with other things and that support is no longer available.

its a shame because this program has so much potential.

If only we could contact Chris we might be able to encourage his to p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] on the source code to someone who has the time available to make the corrections.

I have been using the Boston sector file for basic radar training but it just isn't the same as using your home sector file.

Rgds

John Gayford

Marc Riedel 837945
Posted
Posted

I mean, the programme ist not perfekt - and you cannot really train well - there need to be done just a few more things like

- the possibility that the aircraft can fly flightplans because in Europe we're using transitions very often which need to be trained

- different aicraft behaviour (B747 shall not turn like a C152)

Thats it what the programme would make as a useful tool for advanced APP/CTR training. Yet we can just use it up to a point of standard level...

Marc Riedel

vACC-SAG Director, Mentor & ATC Frankfurt FIR

Manager VATEUD ATC-Academy, VATEUD/SAG Examiner

967.png

• 2 weeks later...
Chris Brew 814351
Posted
Posted

When the alternative to training is to sit and wait for online traffic, Sweatbox/TWRTrainer are excellent tools. Maybe they could be improved, but as is, they drastically reduce the amount of time it takes for people to train on VATSIM.