You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

CID/Password Error, no P0 Exam Assigned

Harris Dunn

Harris Dunn
Posted
Posted

hello, everyone i was wondering if i could have some help in regards to VATSIM. ive been a member since 2016, however i havent done any flights on VATSIM believe it or not. i tried to join the server these past few days and it says I don't have a valid cid or password even though I'm using the same password and cid as my vatsim account. i read somewhere that i may have to do the P0 exam however i cannot find it anywhere, in any emails or on my account. but then again i had no issues joining vatsim last summer time, so im not sure if i have to do the exam or not, except when i tried to connect in the summer it was due to the server i was trying to connect to, i had to change servers and im sure that was due to a connect error rather than a password/cid error but now it doesnt matter what server i try and join i get the same issue. i also have no exams assigned to me 

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Hello, Harris, and welcome back!

Since you joined VATSIM prior to the New Member Orientation (P0) requirement, you are grandfathered in.

Your membership account is active.

I note that you reset your password 3 times on 04 Feb, and once about 25 hours ago.

Please recall, and we try to make this clear on the password reset page by including one big note in a big colored box in the middle of the page that you may have accidentally missed, that we operate with a network of distributed servers, and It can take up to 24 hours (although normally much less) for new/updated membership information to be passed to all servers. Within the first 24 hours after registering, reactivating your account, or a password change, if your preferred server rejects your credentials, you are welcome to keep trying different servers in the hopes of finding one that will work.

In reality, this *usually* is complete in an hour or two.  

Since it's been over 24 hours since your last password reset, you are highly encouraged to ensure you clear out the CID and password in your client, and carefully type them in, paying close attention to capitalization with your password.

Again, welcome back!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Harris Dunn
Posted
Posted

Hello Don, thank you, yes the reason I reset my password 3 times on February was because when I tried to reset it the first time the email didn’t come through for like 30minutes then all 3 password emails came through at the same time. I do apologise for that :/. And I reset it again the other day as the emails disappeared from my inbox. I have tried all servers and I have re entered and retyped  the CID and Password manually. And still no luck. I can try all the servers again to make sure but around 3/4 hours ago it wouldn’t let me connect. It does connect me but then it disconnects me right away. I can try get you the exact error messages if that’s any use?

Harris Dunn
Posted
Posted

Oh Infact surprise surprise. It is now working 🤦‍♂️. Well finally after almost a week it is now working. Thank you very much for your help Don! Amazing work, cannot wait to break in some of these hours!

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

That's the most important thing!  Glad it's working!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations