You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot not connected to network

Heritiana ANDRIAMANDAY

Heritiana ANDRIAMANDAY
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello, 

I am new to Vatsim. My vPilot shows a message "Not connected to network".

I have Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and I installed a vPilot software.

While Flight simulator is running, I open vPilot. I go to Settings, I put my Vatsim ID and Password, I fill up the information fields with my name, my home airport and I choose a server, then I click OK.

Then I go to Connect button on vPilot. I put my callsign and type code, then I click Connect... A message appears "command failed, ensure a flight is loaded".

Now, I go to Flight plan, I fill up the information fields about my flight plan, then I click on File flight Plan. At his point, a not connected to network message appears.....

I don't know how to fix. I already checked my Windows Firewall to allow vPilot but that did not solve. I would appreciate some help. Thank you.

Here is a screenshot of the network error message in vPilot.

16130300904753013683163177688694.jpg

Edited by Heritiana ANDRIAMANDAY

Roger Hanson
Posted
Posted

As you probably read in the New Members Orientation course Vatsim operate with a network of distributed servers, and It can take up to 24 hours (although normally much less) for new/updated membership information to be passed to all servers.

Regards, Rog Hanson

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Roger Hanson said:

As you probably read in the New Members Orientation course Vatsim operate with a network of distributed servers, and It can take up to 24 hours (although normally much less) for new/updated membership information to be passed to all servers.

That's not the issue here. In that situation, the user receives an "Invalid CID/password" error. The error here says that his flight simulator does not have a flight loaded.

Heritiana, before you can connect, you need to actually have a flight loaded and be in the cockpit.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Heritiana ANDRIAMANDAY
Posted
Posted

As Ross Carlson said, I need to have a flight loaded, this means: I have to be in the cockpit. So now it worked until that point.
Next step is to learn how to hear people talking and how to talk. I will learn that. I will search how to do in the tutorials.
Thank you for your answers.