You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

EGKK

Marc Sieffert

Go to solution Solved by Koen Meier,

Marc Sieffert
Posted
Posted

Hi I am using X Plane, WIN10 and X Pilot and I see all planes in this airport of EGKK 4-5 meters too much to the left... This  happens with the default airport from X Plane and with a freeware I installed... Is this a known issue? Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks!!

• Solution
Koen Meier
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Marc Sieffert said:

Hi I am using X Plane, WIN10 and X Pilot and I see all planes in this airport of EGKK 4-5 meters too much to the left... This  happens with the default airport from X Plane and with a freeware I installed... Is this a known issue? Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks!!

Different Sceneries can effect the position you see of aircraft. Updating you scenery to addon scenery would help.

Marc Sieffert
Posted
Posted

Hi Andreas, yes this is exactly the addon scenery I am using ...

EGKK Gatwick Airport No Static Aircraft - Scenery Packages (v11,v 10, v9) - X-Plane.Org Forum (x-plane.org)

But I am getting situations like on the pictures below... Especially on taxiway J on the way to J4 rwy 08R but also on Pier6 or West Park as on the third picture below... Perhaps you could double check on your side (I am using X Plane 11.51).

And I have this situation in no other airports up to now!

EGKK01.thumb.jpg.bcedb7f48cb3cb47f6e2ea1e8e7da4e9.jpg

EGKK02.jpg.96a506fd9819366c94603e0352256426.jpg

EGKK03.thumb.jpg.ef371a982039f589c5ee20f8830c761a.jpg

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Okay, I just tested it and most planes are taxiing a few meters left of centerline, yes. This is usually caused by other pilots using other simulators with slight offset sceneries. I will survive.

Marc Sieffert
Posted
Posted

Sure we will survive !! 😄

I just wanted to make sure that it is not a specific issue on my side only! If you also have it and it is a general issue for this specific scenery I am fine, although I will ask X Plane to double check the issue and perhaps adjust their scenery if the issue is on their side... 

Marc Sieffert
Posted
Posted

It should be better now with default EGKK at least... Not yet with addon scenery of "tdg no static" but perhaps they will also correct it...I will refer the issue to them as well...

394206402_Screenshot2021-02-20162731.thumb.jpg.0ef5eb7772c71a8fdd2e340fd39d1a12.jpg

• Thanks 1