You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Thank you from the Cross the Land Planning Team!

Chriss Klosowski

Chriss Klosowski
Posted
Posted
:wave: Hi everyone! Chriss from the CTL Planning Team Lead! Well...

We've just wrapped up another edition of Cross the Land and on behalf of the CTL, Planning Team thank you the pilots for flying in the event! You guys are the reason we create events like these and without you, there would be no such thing as "Cross the Land".

Booked and non-booked pilots we managed to control the event all the way with all the traffic and if we saw correctly we managed to get almost full-enroute ATC coverage throughout the event! Woohoo! :partying_face:

There will be a feedback form going to all pilots who flew the event in the next 24 hours, so if you have any suggestions/feedback that would be your chance.

However, this event wouldn’t have been possible without the people behind it. We started this back in 2019 with Nestor Perez - 1369273 as a simple idea we had and has since evolved over 2020 and now 2021.

We started planning the event back in August of 2020 a few months after CTL: Eastbound 2020. This time we took longer in organizing the event and tried our best to efficiently bring it together. Yes, there were some hiccups in some areas. However, we aren’t all perfect and these hiccups will make the planning of this event in the future better.

I’d like to thank Mattia Torti and Ryan Wilson from the VATEUD side, Suprojit Paul and Chris Marriott from the VATMENA side, Ibrahim AbdelQader and Zac Kaplowitz for marketing the event throughout the last few months, Tom Szczypinski and Nestor Perez for sorting our tech infrastructure for the bookings and votings and all the individual vACCs who participated whether as a departure/arrival airport or as enroute. Without the ATCs online our event wouldn’t be as fun and realistic! All of you did a splendid job and I can’t thank you enough!

We hope you had as much fun as we did planning the event and hope to see you in the future for the Eastbound event sometime in the future. Watch the CTL discord/socials for teasers :eyes:.

Thanks, Cross the Land Planning Team
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
CHRISS KLOSOWSKI
Division Director, VATSIM Middle East & North Africa  
VATSIM Network Senior Supervisor, Team 5
##  [email protected] 
##
 http://vatsim.me/    

1185353147_Signature(1).png.e6818c4256541cb309a1888bad7c9d33.png

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Definitely enjoyed it a lot, I am not aware of any major glitch during my flight from Tehran to Berlin 🙂 Thank you very much for organizing it! Thanks to all ATCOs who donated their time!

• Like 1

Daniel Blasig
Posted
Posted (edited)

As I have also written elsewhere: Thanks to all pilots and controllers involved and of course to the people behind the scenes. For me, the CTL is an equal, if not better event than the CTP. The continuous ATC, the many crossing flight paths plus the great landscapes make the CTL a great event!

Edited by Daniel Blasig
  • Like 2

Best regards

Daniel