You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Resize "ATC Details" window?

Paul Walker

Paul Walker
Posted
Posted

Might it be possible to make the "ATC Details" window resizable (or failing that, just a bit wider)? When viewing ATIS information, the line length is wider than the window allows for and so forces a scrollbar. This all works OK, but since it's multi-line, it isn't easy to read! (I'm using version 1.1.0-beta.8)

atc_details.png

• 11 months later...
Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted

I've always wondered the same. Why don't the lines adjust to the window width? Any plans to change this?

KntU2Cw.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Mathias Jacobs-Anseeuw
Posted
Posted

+1 for text wrap

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted
On 2/17/2021 at 8:15 AM, Paul Walker said:

Might it be possible to make the "ATC Details" window resizable (or failing that, just a bit wider)? When viewing ATIS information, the line length is wider than the window allows for and so forces a scrollbar. This all works OK, but since it's multi-line, it isn't easy to read! (I'm using version 1.1.0-beta.8)

Personally I vote for more ATC's to use approved abbreviations in the ATIS. Nothing worse than requesting it via CPDLC and getting 6 pages, just to find the runway and weather. Further more, the ATIS policys of VATSIM is loosley followed, and realy enforced, there is loads of places that have information that shouldnt be in an ATIS. An ATIS serves to state what the current conditions are at an airport.

This is a nice neat ATIS and tells me everything I need to know in text.

ATIS YPPH Q 260311
[APCH] EXP ILS APCH
[RWY] 21 AND 24 FOR ARR. RWY 21 FOR DEP
+[WIND] 150-210/9
[WX] CAVOK
[TMP] 27
[QNH] 1010

This is not relevent dynamic Airport information, an ATIS should not be used to reiterate pilots to follow the instructions they were given by ATC.

ALL TRAFFICS MUST INSERT
INSTRUCTED P-RNAV TRANSITION WITH STAR SELECTION. ALL TRAFFICS
MUST APPLY WITH ALL ALTITUDE AND SPEED CONSTRAINTS ON DEPARTURE
AND ARRIVAL PROCEDURES UNLESS TOLD BY ATC.

YOU HAVE INFORMATION H , AND CONFIRM YOU WILL
IMPLEMENT RNAV PROCEDURES.

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member