You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Happy to announce vspirit

Michael Gold

Michael Gold
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello.

I've been around VATSIM long enough to know that VAs aren't quite as in vogue as they used to be, and also to know how many VAs get announced that are there and gone in an instant. I'd like to say right off the batd that we need no staff, no one to build a website, and we're already up and running. I think that puts us ahead of the vast majority of the VA announcements I've seen since the 2000s. 😉

Anywho, the point of this is just to say that there's a new Spirit virtual airline for those who might be interested, of which I am a co-founder: vspirit. As you might have guessed, we simulate the operations of Spirit Airlines, and we strive for something of a laid back atmosphere (no corporate LARPing, no strict activity requirements), but we take the important bits seriously. We're built on the VAMSYS platform which comes with a robust web interface and a bespoke ACARS client that runs off of the old standards, FSUIPC and XPUIPC, so there should be no surprises there. We aim to apply for inclusion as an official VATSIM VA once we meet all the criteria in six months.

Come say howdy if it suits.

https://www.vspirit.io/

Edited by Michael Gold

• 2 weeks later...
Alfonso Yoel García Suarez
Posted
Posted

Good day. Congratulations on the start of the project. Enter the site but there is very little information of interest to me, for example ... What is the fleet operated by the airline, Routes operated by the airline? Greetings

Michael Gold
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Alfonso Yoel García Suarez said:

Good day. Congratulations on the start of the project. Enter the site but there is very little information of interest to me, for example ... What is the fleet operated by the airline, Routes operated by the airline? Greetings

Hello Alfonso! As I said above we replicate the operations of the real world Spirit Airlines, including their fleet. If you take a look at any of the major flight tracking websites like FR24 or FlightAware, any current Spirit operated flight is something we operate.