You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Steering the A32NX in MSFS during taxi

Benjamin Flood

Benjamin Flood
Posted
Posted

I use joystick twist axis for rudder control. When taxiing, I'm finding that, past a certain point, continuing to twist the stick further actually makes the plane steer less. In other words, let's say I start twisting left for a left turn. Plane turns left. But if I twist all the way, the plane starts to straighten out. I have to hold the stick twisted kind of mid-way to achieve maximum steer, but even that isn't enough and I'm finding myself shooting off taxiways.

Is this normal behavior, just something I'm doing wrong, a bug or what? Anybody know?

Roger Hanson
Posted
Posted

Have you tried adjusting the Joystick sensitivities in MSFS?

See Options/Controls/Sensitivity

Regards, Rog Hanson

Benjamin Flood
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Roger Hanson said:

Have you tried adjusting the Joystick sensitivities in MSFS?

See Options/Controls/Sensitivity

No, I'll see if it makes a difference, but how could sensitivity settings make the plane steer less with greater input?

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

I don't have the plane myself but it sort of makes me wonder whether the nosewheel is turning beyond 90 degrees, so that when you get it to the bump-stop on your axis the nosewheel is just facing the rear of the plane rolling straight forward?

Are there settings within the plane to set the nosewheel tiller ranges?  Again, just wondering idly.  If this spitballing helps, great.  If not, please ignore.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png