You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Swift and FS9

Peter Hall

Peter Hall
Posted
Posted

I have installed Swift pilot client 32 bit for FS9, I like what I see but cannot connect to the simulator.

I get the following message at the bottom of the GUI, I have a registered copy Of FSUIPC ver 3.9.9.z installed.

"FSUIPC not connected: Cannot link to FSUIPC or Wide client.

Any help in getting connected much appreciated.

Peter Hall

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Peter,

are you running both FS9 and swiftGUI "as administator"? And if yes, if swiftGUI does not automatically connect to FS9's multiplayer session, you'll need to do this manually: in FS9 access the "File" menu and from there open the multiplayer option. You should see swiftGUI's session in there, just join it. If the connection is successful, you'll see that the "Simulator LED" in the status bar (on top of swiftGUI) will light up: https://docs.swift-project.org/doku.php?id=status_bar

Feel free to reach out should you run into trouble with this. In case that you are using Discord, you may join our swift support server there: https://docs.swift-project.org/doku.php?id=contact

Peter Hall
Posted
Posted

Andreas,

Thanksnfor your help.  I was able to connect manually.

• 2 weeks later...
Philip Cohen
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am running FS9 on a Win XP system, I cannot operate Swift Core or GUI on this computer I have tried to install and run and it just will not load up.

I have a Windows 7 laptop with Swift 32bit version 0.9.6.75 installed, I also have WideFS and Audio for Vatsim running on this machine.

I was able to log into the VATSIM network through the GIU as an observer.

I was also able to connect FS9 to a swift multiplayer session. and then go into FS Passengers and connect to the Multiplayer session there.

With all of this done and connected the problem I am having is that the Swift GUI simulator button does not light up and my log continues to say, FSUIPC connected, FSUIPC disconnected every 2-5 seconds.

Am I missing something here?  I have read just about every forum post and it all states to run the Swift Core on the FS9 machine (which I am unable to do).

Thank you in advance for the help.

Phil Cohen

WWA1573

Edited by Philip Cohen
added more information

Phil Cohen WWA1573

WestWind Virtual Airlines

VATSIM ID 990300

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Phil,

yes, this is a delicate setup. We had another member with exactly the same configuration (Win XP and Win 7) and he had major issues to get it to work. Our clients are not really meant to work with anything older than Windows 7, because they are based on more modern runtime libraries etc.. I do not remember whether the other member actually achieved a satisfactory result.

Just to be sure: are you running both FS9 and swiftGUI "as administrator"? Not doing this, usually causes Windows to not open ports and do strange things in regards to networking.

• Like 1

Philip Cohen
Posted
Posted

Thanks Andreas!! I will try both as administrator and see how that goes.  I have a dinosaur machine that still runs everything very well and to my liking other than being able to get online.

I have so much time and effort invested in this setup I cannot just jump ship and go the FS20 route just yet.

I will report back either way.

• Like 1

Phil Cohen WWA1573

VATSIM ID 990300

Philip Cohen
Posted
Posted

Andreas  Good News!!!!

I was able to connect as a pilot to VATSIM this evening.

Procedure is as follows

On the Simulator Computer running Windows XP

1.  Open FS9  - XP is funny it doesn't give the option to run as administrator when you right click just asks which user wants to open the program.

2.  Go to any airport you plan on taking your next flight from or any airport just to sit and listen to ATC for that matter.

On the Remote Computer running Windows 7

3.  Open WideFS as Administrator

4.  Open Swift Launcher as administrator

4a. go to windows taskbar and click on the arrow that says show hidden icons (near clock) then click on the orange circle to open swift core.

4b. here you will want to adjust the IP address for your Sim Machine - find that by opening a command prompt then type ipconfig on your sim computer.

5. Open Swift GUI as administrator

6. Open Audio for Vatsim as administrator.

Back to the Sim Computer

7. Connect Flight Simulator to Multiplayer session (Flights/Multiplayer/Connect) - if you see swift Win320.9.6.75 (##ms) in the session box highlight that then click join.

Go back to the Remote Computer 

8. In Swift GUI you should get a mapping confirmation with the amount of aircraft available (Confirm This)

9. Click on the connect tab and enter VATSIM user data and connect

10. Go to Audio for VATSIM and connect.

Lastly if you have Vatspy or any other program that lets you see who is online open that up and confirm that you are online and at the airport you are at in the sim.

I hope this will help any other FS9ers that are still out there and looking to get online!!!

That was the procedure that did it for me.  Took me about 7 different tries and quite a few pages of a legal pad before I figured out that I had an IP address incorrect in the Swift Core, which is why it would not let the simulator communicate with the remote computer.

• Thanks 1

Phil Cohen WWA1573

VATSIM ID 990300

Philip Cohen
Posted
Posted

One thing that I see happening after connection i get a message that says 

Heartbeat failed 2 times, retry in 2 secs, Attempt 1

Any Idea what this is referring to?

Phil Cohen WWA1573

VATSIM ID 990300

nebojsa milosavljevic
Posted
Posted

Heartbeat message is caused by the vatsim server or your network connection. You could try connecting to a different server.

• Like 1

Philip Cohen
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, nebojsa milosavljevic said:

Heartbeat message is caused by the vatsim server or your network connection. You could try connecting to a different server.

Thank you for the clarification!!

Phil Cohen WWA1573

VATSIM ID 990300

• 5 weeks later...
Miguel Frias
Posted
Posted

I have swift working now except for the fact that sometimes traffic is shown, sometimes it's not. I also use FSNavigator and used to be able to connect it to the multiplayer sessions and then seeing the traffic there as well. Now it never works in FSNavigator.

Anyway, I was wondering why the traffic sometimes is shown in FS2004 and other times it's not. Any idea?

Miguel Frias

Senior Instructor (I3) & Certified Pilot (P4), ZLA I-11 graduate

Portugal vACC Training Director (ACCPT2), VATEUD Operations Director (VATEUD8)

Portugal vACC, VATEUD, VATSIM

1107190.png1107190.png

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 4/13/2021 at 1:35 PM, Miguel Frias said:

I have swift working now except for the fact that sometimes traffic is shown, sometimes it's not. I also use FSNavigator and used to be able to connect it to the multiplayer sessions and then seeing the traffic there as well. Now it never works in FSNavigator.

Anyway, I was wondering why the traffic sometimes is shown in FS2004 and other times it's not. Any idea?

Nope, no idea. Possibly Windows not allowing all data to be exchanged? FSUIPC at fault? I do not know. I will put your feedback into our Discord.

EDIT: what version of swift are you using?

Edited by Andreas Fuchs

Miguel Frias
Posted
Posted

Using the latest version installed last week. FSUIPC 3.9.9.9z

Miguel Frias

Senior Instructor (I3) & Certified Pilot (P4), ZLA I-11 graduate

Portugal vACC Training Director (ACCPT2), VATEUD Operations Director (VATEUD8)

Portugal vACC, VATEUD, VATSIM

1107190.png1107190.png

Mariusz Czarnecki
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I recived very sad news about squawkbox, I am really FS9 enthusiast especially flying with old calssic plane. I tried many times to use swift without succes, Could you explain me why this application doesn't see FS9 ? "no simulator" 

Windows 10, 

Swift version 0.9.5 64bit

FSUIPC 3.99 

FS9 run as administrator, same for swift 

1screen.PNG

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mariusz Czarnecki said:

Could you explain me why this application doesn't see FS9 ? "no simulator" 

Hi Mariusz,

please try to manually connect FS9 and swift. For this, in FS9 open the multiplayer menu. There, you should see a swift-session displayed, join it. You should now have a good connection between both programs.

• 1 month later...
Keke Lekou
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I too can not connect my FS9 to Swift, neither automatically nor manually through the Multiplayer menu.

Swift keeps on bouncing me with the "FSUIPC not connected : incorrect version of FSUIPC, or not FSUIP" error.

While trying to connect manually, the Swift WIN320905151 session does show up, the green ribbon appears in sim, but to no avail connectivitywise.

Any idea about that?

FS9.1 run as administrator on a Win10 rig

Swift 0.9.5.151 run as administrator (both lancher and GUI)

FSUIPC 3.999z8 registered

Keke Lekou
Posted
Posted

Hello Andreas!

That’s the green band on the top of the screen that reads : « Swiftwin32095151 has joined the session ».

Sorry for not being specific enough. 

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Ah, you are talking about FS9's text output:

sceenshot_05302021_163327.jpg.27427b6bb3a9a05b599dcd4b75cd6657.jpg

After joining swift's multiplayer session, now have a look at swiftGUI and select the "Simulator" widget. Is this page populated with live data from FS9?

sceenshot_05302021_163531.jpg.f64769f258b6c9d39b47783b95d6bf23.jpg

Keke Lekou
Posted
Posted

Hello Andreas,

No, the simulator widget remains empty.

What is weird is that I could connect connect seamlessly with the first version of Swift I installed two months ago. No changes to the FS9 config in between.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Yes, that's strange, something is interfering between FS9 and swift. Some virus scanner, maybe?

Do you use Discord? We have a dedicated support server. There are other users and also the developers with more and better ideas than me.

Keke Lekou
Posted
Posted

You might have nailed it with the antivirus scan. I’ll have a look tonight and check how ut goes if the Swift exes are added to the whitelist.

Vielen Dank für diene Hilfe!

Keke Lekou
Posted
Posted

Well, excluding Swift exes from the antivirus scan didn't do the trick, but after switching to the latest alpha and reinstalling FSUIPC 3.999, the automatic connexion has been working as expected. I could then revert back to the latest beta, and still get the seamless operation. Hurray! 🥳

Thank you for your support !