You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unable to hear audio when using AFV, and pilot clients.

• afv
  • xpilot

Daniel Moreno

Daniel Moreno
Posted
Posted

Hello! 

Recently, I have been attempting to connect to the network, but I noticed that I cannot hear any audio.

I have tried swapping out audio devices, trying all sorts of combinations for output selections, reinstalling the clients, and even wiping all of the system settings, and drivers. I can hear other audio played on my computer, such as notifications, perfectly fine, and members advise me through text that they can hear me perfectly on frequency. However, I cannot hear anything, nor does the "RX" Light on either client light up. 

I'm not sure what exactly is going on, and it is impairing my ability to control, and fly on the network. I have attached some images below:

XPILOT.PNG.0311c4e9d19d621160cca66c3939ef71.PNGAFV.PNG.706d033c07b40e31dde7807a34ccdcac.PNG

AUDIO.PNG.040471173ba362061657ad9d197089c3.PNGSETTINGS.thumb.PNG.15254e7262bac3c92cc090815d344a86.PNG

Thanks for any help in advance.

-Daniel Moreno

Connor Faulder
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just for clarification, you've connected using the Audio For VATSIM Client and xPilot separately on different occasions and haven't been able to receive audio on either?

Also to check, have you selected receive on your aircraft's radio in X-Plane?

Edited by Connor Faulder

Daniel Moreno
Posted
Posted

Connor,

Yes, they were run on two different occasions, and yes, the radios are set correctly. 

I've been trying to open one of the ports on my router, since some of the suggestions on other posts stated that it runs on the UDP 50000 port. 

Not sure what else to try, can't get anything done as of right now because of this issue. 

-Daniel Moreno

Connor Faulder
Posted
Posted

Does running the AFV Client or xPilot as admin make any difference? Have these applications also been allowed through the Windows firewall as inbound rules?

Are you able to try connecting via XSquawkBox

Daniel Moreno
Posted
Posted

Running as Administrator does not make a difference. Yes, the applications have been allowed through firewall. I’ll try connecting via SquawkBox in a few moments, and I’ll get back to you with the verdict. 

Daniel Moreno
Posted
Posted (edited)

Update March 3: A clean reinstall of Windows did the trick. I got it to work. Not sure what the problem was, but I’m just glad that it’s working. Thanks for the help!

Edited by Daniel Moreno
Solved.