You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ATIS missing or inaudible

Martin Neep

Martin Neep
Posted
Posted

I’m not sure if this problem exists in vPilot or the Vatsim servers, but for the last couple of months I’ve noticed that I haven’t been able to hear any audible ATIS, even when it shows as available in vPilot.

Also there’s a very strange bug in that if I tune an active ATIS on either Com1 or Com2 it will cause the entire Vatsim voice volume to jump to a very low and almost inaudible level. This will last for a good minute or so and then will suddenly jump back to normal. However if I tune an ATIS again, the volume will dip.

it appears that I’m not the only person to experience this...

If anyone knows of any way to resolve this issue I’d be very grateful.

Best regards,

Martin

Craig Wilson
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm having an issue with not being able to hear ATIS as well, although all other communications are fine. Using MSFS and vPilot.

I've cleared out the Community folder and it still persists in all aircraft 😕

Edited by Craig Wilson

Christoph Reule
Posted
Posted

This is most probably a VATSIM-side issue as it affects all types of simulators & pilot clients.

Craig Wilson
Posted
Posted

I thought maybe as well, however, I was at Gatwick last night, and it was very busy but nobody else was reporting an issue. Unless it doesn't affect everyone, perhaps I will switch server next time.

Christoph Reule
Posted
Posted (edited)

The fact nobody else was reporting an issue maybe simply means they retrieved the ATIS via text?

However, it's nothing we (as users) can do much about right now I'm afraid.

Edited by Christoph Reule