You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

I have to click into the Vpilot window to talk - any ideas?

Matt Bottomley

Matt Bottomley
Posted
Posted

Vpilot is superb and Vatsim is such a good experience. I have set my push to talk as the start button on the xbox controller. This works fine when I select the Vatsim client but does not work whilst in just the MSFS 2020 window. I.e. in order to talk I have to click on the Vpilot window. I am running both in administrator mode. Can somebody please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

• 2 weeks later...
Bryan Fogle
Posted
Posted

Same here.  Very frustrating as I am only running one monitor

Dustin Rider
Posted
Posted

The best solution I've found so far is to make sure you are running vPilot as an administrator. I think there must be some permission that is only granted in this mode that allows vPilot to look for a keypress when it's not in focus.

Matt Bottomley
Posted
Posted

This hasn't fixed it for me. Anybody got any suggestions?

Bob Klemm
Posted
Posted

Having the same issue with P3Dv5 as well

Bob Klemm

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

The usual fix for this problem is to make sure that *both* the simulator and the pilot client are running in administrator mode.  However, the original poster says this was the case for him.  To those who followed, make sure you are doing the same, but if that's not the cause then hopefully additional guidance will follow.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Bob Klemm
Posted
Posted

Installed the latest update, and transmissions can be heard with VP minimized.  Previous version was run as administrator, too, and it didn't make any difference.

Bob Klemm