You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

T2:Controller Radar Client on VATSIM?

Reinhard Ziegler

Reinhard Ziegler
Posted
Posted

Hi there!

Any plans to implement the T2:Controller Radar Client from Terminal2Solutions for usage on VATSIM?

https://terminal2solutions.com/products/controller

I've been using it a lot couple years ago on a different online flying network and it was by far the best radar client I've ever used (five different ATC clients in 8 years).

Your thoughts?

controller-cph.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

VATSIM doesn't develop its own software. All VATSIM clients are developed by individuals or teams of volunteers that offer their software to VATSIM users. So it would be up to the developers of T2:Controller to modify it to work on VATSIM. Perhaps you could reach out to them to see if they have any plans to do so?

• Like 1

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Reinhard Ziegler
Posted
Posted

I reached out to T2S on Facebook just yesterday and they said it's up to VATSIM, but I'm not the one making decisions here. 😉

I think T2 Controller is absolutely worth taking a look at and worth discussing a possible adaption for the usage on VATSIM.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Reinhard Ziegler said:

I reached out to T2S on Facebook just yesterday and they said it's up to VATSIM, but I'm not the one making decisions here. 😉

VATSIM could certainly reach out to them and see if they would be interested in making their client work on VATSIM, but they could also reach out to VATSIM. It will be up to them whether or not it will happen, since they own the code.

• Like 2

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Torben Andersen
Posted
Posted

While T2 might be a good Radar Client, which you personally like to use, as you have experience with it from another network, it is often not up to the individual controller to choose, which client to use. It must work with other clients like Euroscope, but one must also bear in mind, that the individual VATSIM ARTCC need to train their members in the use. While it is nice to see a screenshot from T2 with Copenhagen (EKCH) I doubth that VATSIM Scandinavia would move away from Euroscope (and TOPCAT). The complexity of radar client software is too big (in my opinion) to have multiple option to teach training on. Off cause an ARTCC can move from one client to another - we moved from VRC to Euroscope to Euroscope+Topcat as we found it replicated the systems used in Scandinavia better. I don't think any Scandinavian controller uses VRC anymore. But the amount of work needed to make the change (or "allowing" its use within the ARTCC) is monumental. So in my view it is more a decission on the ARTCC than the individual controller.

• Like 2

Torben Andersen, VACC-SCA Controller (C1)