You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

MSFS Model Matching

Joseph Colehouse

Joseph Colehouse
Posted
Posted

Hi All.

I've been trying to create my own Model Matching for MSFS and lets just say it's not going well, (I have the correct syntax in my VMR but VPilot doesn't like it for some aircraft). I'm half giving up, does anyone know of any accurate modelling file out there for MSFS or any on the horizon? I know MSFS is relatively new and it takes time to create models and liveries but default Asobo models are getting a bit boring and annoying

Thanks

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Joseph Colehouse said:

I have the correct syntax in my VMR but VPilot doesn't like it for some aircraft

What do you mean by this?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Joseph Colehouse
Posted
Posted

One of my lines in my VMR file is <ModelMatchRule CallsignPrefix="EZY" TypeCode="A20N" ModelName="Airbus A320 Neo EasyJet G-UZHN" /> but when I load into the sim at an airport where I have seen an EZY A20N, vPilot uses the default A320neo instead of the easyJet livery I have in the sim

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Does it first try the EZY model, throw an error, and then switch to the default A320neo?

Joseph Colehouse
Posted
Posted (edited)

It spawns in as the default, the weird thing is the lines I have for Frontier A320neo's  works perfectly 

Edited by Joseph Colehouse

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I have no idea why it would be doing that. This sounds similar to another user's issue, and I was not able to figure it out. His VMR file worked fine for me.

Joseph Colehouse
Posted
Posted

Ok no probs, I'll keep playing about with it and see if I can get it to work (or hope someone creates  Model Matching for MSFS) 

• 1 month later...