You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

SECTORFILE #2

Radim Cenek

Radim Cenek
Posted
Posted

Hello, I would like to make a sectorfile in ES, but as I see, there are too many things in it.

I am familliar with ES, but not with creating SCT FILES.  I didn´t find ANY manuals for it. On the ES forum there are only explanations what everything is, but there aren´t  any tutorials how to make something. Can anybody send me any useful links for sector making in general? I mean whole sectorfile.

Thank you very much.

Chriss Klosowski
Posted
Posted

From personal experience making an entire sectorfile from scratch is going to be trial and error and looking at how others do their files. You're better off starting to take a look at the online wiki and finding out what is inside the .sct and .ese files. You can find it here: https://www.euroscope.hu/wp/documentation-about-euroscope/ 

CHRISS KLOSOWSKI
Division Director, VATSIM Middle East & North Africa  
VATSIM Network Senior Supervisor, Team 5
##  [email protected] 
##
 http://vatsim.me/    

1185353147_Signature(1).png.e6818c4256541cb309a1888bad7c9d33.png

• 8 months later...
Kenzo Tayko
Posted
Posted
On 3/10/2021 at 1:41 AM, Radim Cenek said:

Hello, I would like to make a sectorfile in ES, but as I see, there are too many things in it.

I am familliar with ES, but not with creating SCT FILES.  I didn´t find ANY manuals for it. On the ES forum there are only explanations what everything is, but there aren´t  any tutorials how to make something. Can anybody send me any useful links for sector making in general? I mean whole sectorfile.

Thank you very much.

Howdy!

Creating sector files is a difficult task that takes a great deal of knowledge and experience in order to produce a satisfactory outcome. You can look for information on forums or YouTube, or you can utilize EuroScope Documentation, which thoroughly explains all ideas. To give you some context, we typically use 2-3 sites for conversion before importing each coordinate group into our dashboard for compilation. However, if you only want to make it for yourself, it may take some time (approximately 45 minutes per sector), especially if you only use text editors like Notepad, VS Code, and Notepad++. We suggest that you contact the vACC Director or any other employee who is in charge of sector file development. Maybe they can help you more. In addition, if you want to incorporate your work into vACC releases, you must first communicate with staff. It's wonderful to see someone who is interested in and passionate about something like this.

All the best

KENZO MIGUEL TAYKO
ACCPHL7 |
vACC Philippines, Manager - Facilities 
📧 
| [email protected]                                         

edva.png.58cfba478da6ace0d939548a89255cbf.png            fb.png.bbfd24ca74fd1d62a9bde75d650459fe.png             ig.png.51b9f7523c04e7be57759be499e123bf.png            1310810341_NewProject.png.3fcb043b03bb94923323500468e31bec.png

VATPHIL | The Philippines vACC is not affiliated with the CAAP, the actual Philippines ACC, or any governing aviation body. All content contained herein is approved only for use on the VATSIM network.

• 1 year later...
Nguyen Duc
Posted
Posted

It's been a long time ago... But yes.... Creating Sector files is a very complicated task. Actually most of our divisions are using GNG (Global Nav Generator) in order to help us to create the sector file, also upload and delete things. But currently not everyone can access the GNG to make the sector, only registered division with limited members can access to it.

Hope you can have some information about this.

Regards,

AIorK4w0khhI06AGwqYtvkjv0whNLFRk6fE1tiEEGO7d897jSt7D1Kj6XKSpAo6ZHsKjQ3BBdV0zoqg

Duc Nguyen 
ACCVCL5A | Facilities Deputy Director
Vietnam - Cambodia - Laos vACC