You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Trying to login to VATTASTIC with VATSIM credentials

Troy Baxter

Troy Baxter
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I'm trying to login to VATTASTIC so I can track my own flight but in order to do so I need to login with my VATSIM credentials. I've tried using my VID and password but it doesn't work. I noticed that VATTASTIC's login page says "CID" instead of "VID" so is that the difference? And if so, where do I find my CID?

Thanks in advance!

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted

VATTASTIC is using the VATSIM Single Sign-on API so you would use the same credentials that you use for these forums and in your pilot client. However I just tried and there seems to be a problem with the sign-in page. Using the little link at the bottom of the sign-in page seems to work though (http://www.vattastic.com/vatsimSSO/)

Tomas Hansson

Troy Baxter
Posted
Posted

Thanks! That seemed to work but now when I click "Track My Flight" is says I must be logged in to VATSIM "as an aircraft". Any idea what that means? I'm logged in as a pilot. Didn't know logging in as an aircraft was an option...lol

Troy Baxter
Posted
Posted

Nevermind. It's working now! Thanks again!

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

I was going to ask, if you're not piloting an aircraft, what are you piloting?  😉

Glad you got it sorted out, LOL!

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

• 3 weeks later...
Kevin Hussey
Posted
Posted

Vattastic login now crestes an immediate sso error box. The actual login page no longer appears.

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Kevin Hussey said:

an immediate sso error box

SSO was retired by the tech team on April 1st. This may be as a result of that, but I know nothing about it.

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

Nick Harasym
Posted
Posted

tl;dr Vattastic has to update to use https://auth.vatsim.net . The creator of the website has to do this update. Vattastic isn't a Vatsim service.

Nick Harasym
Senior Network Infrastructure Engineer 
## [email protected]
## www.vatsim.net
## ##
7JRF7kO.png

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

As will every external organisation which previously used the SSO. I assume that these have all been notified? Or will they simply discover the change when folks stop using their service?

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

Hi, I have notified Larry (Vattastic's creator). He is a very busy man, but I'm sure it's going to be fixed in the near future. 🙂

• Thanks 1

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Nick Harasym
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Alistair Thomson said:

As will every external organisation which previously used the SSO. I assume that these have all been notified? Or will they simply discover the change when folks stop using their service?

Months worth of notice has been given to organizations to move to the new authentication service.

Nick Harasym
Senior Network Infrastructure Engineer 
## [email protected]
## www.vatsim.net
## ##
7JRF7kO.png

• 2 weeks later...
Kevin Hussey
Posted
Posted
On 4/6/2021 at 9:15 PM, Mats Edvin Aaro said:

Hi, I have notified Larry (Vattastic's creator). He is a very busy man, but I'm sure it's going to be fixed in the near future. 🙂

Thanks Matt.