You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Constant Interuptions

Stephen Wendell

Stephen Wendell
Posted
Posted

Hello, I am new to VATSIM. I wish to fly on the network but my personal time is full of constant interruptions. Some take a while to resolve while others are handled in short order. I would like to know how you handle interruptions. I understand that I may need to log off if it takes too long to return.

Thanks, Steve

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted

If you know it will be short interrupt, then request to be away for few minutes. If you know it will be a longer time, you might do the same or perhaps ask for a hold, if you have the fuel...

ACH2118.jpg

Joshua Jenkins
Posted
Posted

It also depends on the phase of the flight you're in. If you're being vectored onto the ILS, or on short final, or have just been given takeoff clearance, those are times where it is better to disconnect rather than step away while remaining connected to the network for any extended interruptions. When you're up at cruise and crossing a large portion of airspace without ATC or with minimal ATC contact (e.g. the Atlantic on a normal VATSIM day), that's the time where you can step away for up to 30 minutes, although I always try and stick to within hearing range of my computer so I can hear if ATC calls me, or if I get a contactme, or if I get a warning in the aircraft, etc.

Josh Jenkins

CZVR I1 controller

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

Was going to say something but it has already been said well.🤪 Wish one could delete a post without having to submit a blank page or a page with a "dot". Is there a way that I am not aware of?

• Like 1

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Daniel Mckee said:

Wish one could delete a post without having to submit a blank page or a page with a "dot". Is there a way that I am not aware of?

I agree!

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.