You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Any better way to handle flight plan amendments?

Nicholas Camperos

Nicholas Camperos
Posted
Posted

Hello.

I always find it a bit annoying that to edit a flight plan, I have to open that big flight plan dialog menu (which covers my radar screen) and prevents me from clicking on the screen until I close the dialog box. In addition, I can't move around its default open location so it always opens up smack in the middle of my screen where my vision should be focused on the aircraft, not blocked by the menu. Is there any in built way to work around this/fix the problem I am having? I know topsky has the ability to edit the plans from the departure list or something like that, but it isn't supported by my facility and I see it as too much trouble to get it setup, so I am also thinking of just looking into writing a plugin that lets me see like the first 5 or so fixes on a flight plan as just a string on the dep list that I can edit.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hmm, on my screen, the FPL dialogue only occupies about 15 percent of the area and I can also move it to the side to keep the radar mostly unobstructed. Do you really have to amend those routings? Inserting a DP/SID is not sufficient?

Edited by Andreas Fuchs
better wording

Nicholas Camperos
Posted
Posted

Well I mean I guess it isn't necessarily the entire screen but it pretty much blocks the airport which is what I need to see

image.thumb.png.f3187afbb5c8621d0e169220cd72ec96.png

Generally speaking, inserting a dep procedure could get the job done but my facility has some PDAR routes for some airways and airports, and knowing the lovely perfect flight plans pilots submit sometimes, it usually means I have to edit a good portion of it. You are correct though, I could just move this window to the side, its just that every time I open it I have to move it, I was wondering if there was a way for me to make it open on the side and not right in the middle.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Ok, no, there seems to be no way to modify the standard position where the FPL window opens. Another solution would be to use a second screen or a second computer+screen to run another instance of Euroscope, connect it via Proxy and do the editing there.

Nicholas Camperos
Posted
Posted
Just now, Andreas Fuchs said:

Ok, no, there seems to be no way to modify the standard position where the FPL window opens. Another solution would be to use a second screen or a second computer+screen to run another instance of Euroscope, connect it via Proxy and do the editing there.

I'll try it out, thanks for the help.